PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
07-30-2016, 07:27 AM
You Are Never Too Old to Come to ChristIf you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.—Romans 10:9 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=e6492a1b01&e=3dd732485b)Some years ago, we had a crusade in Santa Barbara. When the invitation was given, a 90-year-old man walked forward at the urging of his grandchild.

His wife had died a few years before. She was a Christian and had prayed for him throughout her life. On her deathbed, she pleaded with her husband to give his life to Jesus Christ. She wanted her husband to know the love and peace she had experienced. But he turned her down.

So there he was at a Harvest Crusade. The service was coming to a close, and as I gave the invitation, his granddaughter said, "Grandpa, do you want to go forward? He responded, "No!"

"Come on, Grandpa," she said. He told her, "It is cold down there. I don't want to go down there." She said, "No, grandpa, I think you will like what you find when you get down there."

The 90-year-old grandfather asked, "What do you think I am going to find down there?" She replied, "You are going to find love and peace and life."

So he went forward. He prayed the prayer and asked Christ to come into his life. He said afterward, "Now I know what my wife was talking about. Now I know that I am going to see her again!"

Don't ever write anyone off. God can still reach them. Keep praying for them

DerekP Houston
07-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Thank you for sharing and for your PM's to keep my on the right path. Great read this morning.

Pine Baron
07-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Thank you,rl.

rl69
07-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Thank you for sharing and for your PM's to keep my on the right path. Great read this morning.

your welcome. Your doing a great job,keep it up. Your going to have days when you won't want to post. Just remember how much we enjoy your post,and how we are counting on them.you never know when your verse will be what get someone threw the day.

Blackwater
07-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Amen! Far too often, we tend to classify people, and say, "Well, there's one who'll never be reached!" But in my experience, we are very poor judges of who will come to faith and who will stay just outside. I have often been surprised by who'll respond and who won't.

So your message in this is timely and VERY applicable to us all. We like to think we know far more than we sometimes actually do, and we've been instructed to "cast our bread upon the waters." After all, it's not US who knows who'll respond and who won't. It's only up to us to spread the word. Only those receiving it CAN make the decision whether to respond or not. It's not up to us, but to them, and them only. And if we cast our bread, it's frequently surprising who responds, and who doesn't.

Often, those most seem to think are incorrigible, never get spoken to very much because they're gruff, un-PC, or whatever. But "a soft answer turneth away wrath," and a smile and total lack of fear or the usual haughtiness in responding to them CAN, at least sometimes, touch them in a very significant and real way.

We just classify way too many times, when all we really need to do is cast our bread. Then, after we've done our own due diligence, it's up to them and God. All any of us CAN do is what we've been instructed by our Redeemer to do. The rest is up to Him and the people involved, and I think picking and choosing who WE think will respond is a serious mistake, and is not in line with the instructions we've been given. That's how I've long thought about it, anyway, and it's what my own experience has shown, too. Just cast that bread when you get an opportunity and can. Let God and the others work out the rest of it.