PDA

View Full Version : Wood stock on Ruger predator?

1Hawkeye
07-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Has any one put a Boyd's wooden stock on their ruger American or predator?
Did it help accuracy any? I've got a predator in .223 that shoots ok but I think if the stock didn't flex so much it would be a great tack driver.

unclemikeinct
07-29-2016, 06:29 PM
I use Boyd's Varmint Thumbholes...Price is right, drop in fit..I use JB weld under the chamber area..My barrels in those stocks are varmint taper..If you are not finding repeatable accuracy w sporter weight barrels ..Feel free to try bedding near the fore end tip..mike in Ct

1Hawkeye
07-31-2016, 03:33 PM
The accuracy is there I just think that if there was no flex in the wrist of the stock that the group will be tighter. The barrel channel is fine.

Texas by God
08-03-2016, 12:24 AM
I use Boyd's Varmint Thumbholes...Price is right, drop in fit..I use JB weld under the chamber area..My barrels in those stocks are varmint taper..If you are not finding repeatable accuracy w sporter weight barrels ..Feel free to try bedding near the fore end tip..mike in Ct I replaced the plastic stock on my daughter's Stevens 200 .243 with a Boyd's Featerweight thumbhole in Sky color and bedded the recoil lug/ chamber area with JB weld(every gun bench should have some). It went from a 1-1/4" gun to a 3/4" gun instantly and is beautiful to boot. 1Hawkeye I say Go Wood! Best, Thomas.