PDA

View Full Version : do we ever grow up

runfiverun
07-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I was out finishing up the paint on the shed and crawling along the ground to do the bottom edge was starting to wear on my back and knees so I decided to take a break and just sit there for a minute.

ahhh what's this? an ant pile.
since I had the time and the paint I started painting some of them blue.
the dog had to come see why I wasn't painting the shed and decided she had to look closer at the ants too.
which of course meant she got her nose painted.
she doesn't like her nose painted blue apparently and showed her displeasure by stepping in the can of paint.
which she promptly reported to her supervisor by wiping her paw across his shirt and pants.
this insured more paint getting on the dog and the owner as I tried to rescue the new can of paint from getting tipped over.
this is the point when the wife gets home from work and comes around the corner of the shed to inform me,,,,, inform me that,,, well to tell me the dog needed a bath.
I don't know where she went, but she left.

so ummm,,,, how's your day goin?

DerekP Houston
07-29-2016, 02:17 PM
lmao that sounds like fun :D. My coworker said if I don't grow up by 50 I don't have to. He's 53 ;).

Pine Baron
07-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Throw in a couple of grandkids...then we'll talk.

Doc Highwall
07-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Run, my last 3 days have been like that, today is the first day that everything that I touch does not turn to ****.

tunnug
07-29-2016, 02:27 PM
My wife has always told me I suffer from "Peter Pan Syndrome", I reply that I don't suffer from it, I enjoy it very much.............
I just turned 57 and we've been married since '80 so I'm pretty sure I won't change.

country gent
07-29-2016, 02:29 PM
My Daughter wont allow the grandsons around me when Im working with paint, grease, or magic markers. LOL. Even M&ms since I had the grandsons cup thier hands together and filledthem up so they had to get them with their tongues. LOL. Run somethings are just to good to pass up even at our age, or because of our age. LOL

mold maker
07-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Made it this far along life's path without growing up. I see absolutely no reason to change.
Why would I give up all the juvenal fun, to be just an old man?

Mtnfolk75
07-29-2016, 02:42 PM
You know what they say " The first 62 years of childhood are the hardest ". Another is " Aging is Mandatory, Maturing is Optional ". I may be OLD but I refuse to grow up ...... [smilie=s:

victorfox
07-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Life is short and we won't get out of it alive, they say... ENJOY!

ShooterAZ
07-29-2016, 03:19 PM
I had a dog that stepped into a paint roller tray, and then promptly ran into the house across the carpet. What a mess!

Taylor
07-29-2016, 04:17 PM
That's a normal day for me.Murphy is always close.

Blackwater
07-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Well, R5, it's pretty much going like yours, off and on. I have a new puppy that's keeping things "interesting" down here in my world. And older wives always have a significant impact. Friends contribute, too, as do relatives. If everything went just like we envisioned it, would we get bored with it all? What do you think???? I seem to be in no danger of ever finding out for sure, but .... can't help but wonder.

mold maker
07-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Just like suddenly being a good looking, single, millionaire, ain't gonna happen, but I'd sure like to give it a try for a day or two.
I think I was looking the other way when those were offered and got Murphey as a constant companion.

reddog81
07-29-2016, 06:16 PM
I've always figured you're only as old as you act. I guess I'll be a teenager forever...

CastingFool
07-29-2016, 07:04 PM
my unofficial motto has always been "Why grow up?"

gon2shoot
07-29-2016, 07:06 PM
My third wife said I should "quit playing with guns, drinking, and grow up!". The next wife knows better.

tdoyka
07-29-2016, 07:11 PM
ummmmmmmm..........no. i refuse to do it. i'm not goin grow up. nope. uh huh. i'll hold my breathe if you try to.

Thumbcocker
07-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Sure hope not

smoked turkey
07-29-2016, 11:25 PM
R5R, now that is funny. Yep you had an interesting day. I could just see the blue ants, the dog with the blue nose , and on and on. Painting can be tough, exacting work. I am glad you didn't take it too seriously. Keep this sort of attitude and you will probably live a long long time!

white eagle
07-29-2016, 11:29 PM
to answer your question if we ever grow up
I hope not just retired and want to begin my
adolescence again this time with more insight [smilie=w:

Mk42gunner
07-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Now why did I envision a Tom Sawyer act after the first paragraph?

Blue ants did give me a chuckle or two.

Robert

bangerjim
07-30-2016, 12:44 AM
No problem. You're OK.

At least you did not get out the magnifying glass...........and start burning the blue ants!

Now THAT is childish!

banger

runfiverun
07-30-2016, 12:53 AM
the problem with me and painting is I want the lines straight and perfect between the blue shed and the white trim.
and there can't be any drips or streaks or missed/thin spots anywhere, I don't even wanna see brush strokes.
it just annoys me for some reason.
all I want to see is blue and white and only where they should be.

I know it's just a shed with a dirt floor, but I went out of my way finding the siding and trim pieces to make it match the other shed and the house.
so the paint, and finish, and trim, has to match too.

I don't think the dog knew she was part of the package.

Col4570
07-30-2016, 01:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66cxc9emQgY
sounds like you had one of those days this guy had.

Freightman
07-30-2016, 08:56 AM
The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys.

10x
07-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Just as I was growing out of my first childhood I start to enter my second childhood....
Sometimes things just work out....

robg
07-30-2016, 01:15 PM
My wife won't let me near paint .I'm a paint magnet ,I get it every where ,then I turn into a decorating werewolf her word !

Rufus Krile
07-30-2016, 02:14 PM
My third wife said I should "quit playing with guns, drinking, and grow up!". The next wife knows better.
"...but she's probably in the 2nd grade about now..."

nvbirdman
07-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Just getting ready for the "blue lives matter rally".

L Erie Caster
07-30-2016, 05:21 PM
173365At 57 I still play with toy soldiers, so growing up is completely out of the question.

woodbutcher
07-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Sounds like the story of my life.Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.Leo

DerekP Houston
07-30-2016, 08:36 PM
My wife won't let me near paint .I'm a paint magnet ,I get it every where ,then I turn into a decorating werewolf her word !

This guy right here has it figured out! The rest of us schmucks are still crawling around painting stuff.

leeggen
07-30-2016, 09:27 PM
R5R I want to know do you now need straighten the white line on the dog now or do you straighten the blue out first???? HAHAHA Babe the blue ox came to my mind when you started with the dog and the blue nose. As an old police officer told me many yrs ago " you have to have some fun in everything you do," just as he trhew a beer can into the air and shot it with his duty shotgun. I never thought he would make it to retirement but he did and was still having fun at everything he did.
CD
CD

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-30-2016, 11:56 PM
BE happy. My wife thinks I have half-zeimers. She says I can only remember about half of the S--t about half of the time.

runfiverun
07-31-2016, 01:02 AM
well I got most of the white spots off of her so she doesn't look like a reverse Dalmatian anymore.
she still has some blue speckles on her nose, but the blue streak down her side is going to require another scrubbing, and my shirt got tossed in the garbage.
I still need to touch up the trim where some blue paint got on it. :lol:

it was one of her good day's, she's gonna be 10 next month so I don't get a lot of goofy playtime with her anymore.

MaryB
07-31-2016, 01:06 AM
Sounds like when I was painting the solar battery box... I take a break from stooping and painting the floor and my cat Oreo promptly jumps in, walks around, then hops out leaving white footprints across my hardwood floor... I had to repaint the bottom because it needed to be acid resistant and his foot prints left thin spots...

I kept getting distracted today, started pulling weeds then decided to clear a few rows of the garden that were done so I could till them... in the process I noticed the climbing trellis was in the way and I could use it in the pole bean bed so I moved it over there... looked back and decided maybe I should finish tilling since I had the tiller out... amazed I got anything actually done today! Managed to bottle a batch of beer without losing attention span lol that would be a mess if I did!

w5pv
07-31-2016, 11:19 AM
All ways leave something to for tomorrow and that way you don't run out of something to do

NavyVet1959
07-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Well, next time you're power washing the fence and you see a bed of fire ants against the fence, DON'T be tempted to use the power washer on them. It's a *really* bad decision -- personal experience.

DerekP Houston
07-31-2016, 01:31 PM
Well, next time you're power washing the fence and you see a bed of fire ants against the fence, DON'T be tempted to use the power washer on them. It's a *really* bad decision -- personal experience.

That's why God gave us gasoline and matches :) soak the fence and light those suckers up!

mold maker
07-31-2016, 02:01 PM
This whole thread reminds me of the old fellow looking back at me from the mirror.
As I go about my day, I continually pick up, out of place items, to return to their proper place. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted from carrying pockets full of stuff, and too mentally frazzled to worry about it.
Last night that wasn't the problem though. My pockets had developed holes from the overburden, and the floor was a mess.
Sometimes the solution is the problem and the problem has become the fix.

condorjohn
07-31-2016, 07:36 PM

DerekP Houston
07-31-2016, 07:38 PM

Stolen and sent to my dad! thanks!! :D :D