PDA

View Full Version : Great Dillon service AGAIN !!

Smoke4320
07-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Called Dillon couple weeks ago about a blitzing low powder sensor for the powder measure of a 650XL..
Told the customer service rep I had had this for years and wanted to buy the internal electronics
his answer was we will send you the kit for free .. Sounds good

about 5 days later I get a package containing a whole powder check assembly (housing and electronics ) This is a separate die after the powder measure to sense low or hi powder in your case (like a powder cop die)
so I call back and explain the mix up he says we will get the correct parts right out
So do you want me to send the other (expensive ) parts back .. He says no keep it for a spare !!

Top notch all the way !!

Storydude
08-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Ever wonder how overpriced Dillon stuff is when he can send out hundreds of dollars in parts as "warranty" returns?

dverna
08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Ever wonder how overpriced Dillon stuff is when he can send out hundreds of dollars in parts as "warranty" returns?

Value is something each of us needs to determine. I have owned 6 Dillons. Their SL900 sucks, the Square Deal is "marginal", but their 550 and 1050 are fine machines. Worth the cost IF you do a lot of reloading and do not want to tinker and replace parts.

No machine is bullet proof. There are a lot of "idiots" out there and stuff will break if misused but in general, I have not seen manufacturing defects in their stuff.

FISH4BUGS
08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
My 550b has been rebuilt more times than Cher's face. Never cost me a penny. I have bought lots of stuff from them over the years. The price is expensive yes, but you get what you pay for.
I cast and reload for machine guns. I doubt there are many 550's out there with as many rounds reloaded than mine. I don't keep track but it has to be well over 100,000 in 20 years. My customer number at Dillon is a very low 4 digit number.
They are the way companies should be. You want cheap? Go Lee. Go slow. That may fit some people's needs and Lee is still decent equipment but inexpensive.
You want the best and high production? It is never cheap. I am happy to pay their prices because I know who and what they are.

David2011
08-02-2016, 06:05 PM

When your real business (Dillon Aero) is supplying the gubment with miniguns, reloading presses must be a hobby.

I've owned 4 Dillons and consider them a great value. Some people expect less, I guess. When it's Friday night and you're loading for a high round count match the next morning it is not the time to fidget with the press.

I also have several RCBS presses for single stage and a Ponsness Warren for shotgun. I like good quality tools.

David

dragon813gt
08-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Ever wonder how overpriced Dillon stuff is when he can send out hundreds of dollars in parts as "warranty" l returns?

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Most companies build warranty costs into their prices. I will go a few levels above that. I worked in a plant recently that could afford to "lose" 1.4 people per year. By lose I mean die on the job. They planned for this financially which of course effects their unit cost. To quote you, it's just the cost of doing business.

6bg6ga
08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Dillon overpriced? Really?? Bottom line is you get what you pay for in anything you purchase. Want to buy a cheap press and cheap dies? Go for it then and don't cry when the press breakes or a die gets screwed up. Dillon delivers when others don't. Any press can break but dillon puts its money where its mouth is and you can't say that about some of the others.

dragon813gt
08-02-2016, 06:49 PM
When you compare Dillon prices to other brands they are a solid value. I think other brands are over priced for what you get. Dillon's machines flat out work w/ minimal problems. Most problems are caused by user error. But when a part fails they don't hesitate to correct it.