PDA

View Full Version : Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer

jjarrell
07-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Have any of you had any experience with Frontier's Shoot Out! Patch Lube & Bore Enhancer? Its used for fire lapping the bore of your muzzleloader with a patched round ball. I have a couple rifles I've thought about lapping the bore on and I have been contemplating giving it a try. It looks to be pretty mild but I wanted to know if anyone has any first hand knowledge of whether or not it works or would harm the bore. Tighten up groups. Things like that. The page for it is http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t9546-new-frontier-s-shoot-out-patch-lube-bore-enhancer

bubba.50
07-28-2016, 01:04 PM
I've seen Jon's posts about his wonder-rub all over the interweb. judgin' by his own pix it looks like it does a pretty good job of slickin' up a bore that's already in pretty good shape. but if you have bores that are pretty rough in my humble opinion you'd need somethin' a bit more aggressive, at least at first.

luck to ya & let us know how it works out.

jjarrell
07-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Bubba, I wouldn't be using it on a rough bore. It would be on a newly built barrel with cut rifling to smooth it out just a little. I may just leave it be............I keep hearing my Dad say "Son if it ain't broke don't fix it"

bubba.50
07-28-2016, 02:12 PM
dad sounds like a smart man:drinks:.

nekshot
07-28-2016, 02:33 PM
On new bores I have been using GunKote for the last 8 barrels and that stuff works.

mooman76
07-28-2016, 05:59 PM
JB bore paste should do the job for finishing up. It worked on mine.

dondiego
07-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Shoot it 200 times.

jjarrell
07-30-2016, 02:54 PM
I gave it a try. Put 10 shots through the bore with the patches soaked in the bore conditioner. Then gave it a good cleaning to get it out of the bore. It seems to be a mild fire lapping solution. I'm pleased to say it seems to have worked well. The bore looks like a mirror. And the next 3 shots after cleaning were touching at 50 yards. It loads easier and cleaned up like a dream after. I'm not saying it will work miracles but I have to say I'm pleased.