PDA

View Full Version : another good man called home to Gods house!

nagantguy
07-28-2016, 08:50 AM
our very dear family friend and spiritual advisor , a great guy named Doug was call home to the Lord last night. He had lost both eyes to cancer by age 5 and in the last few months 60 some years later that cancer came back and took him quickly. He as a kind and smart man, always a smile and joke, great musician, wonderful singing voice, the Good book says make a joyful noise unto the Lord and Doug took that to heart!
when I was a mouthy pre teen I was sent to Doug's house and put to work, things he and his wife couldn't do, hard hot work and one day Doug said "boy if you'd quit being a smart *** know it all your mom wouldn't send you here for punishment and I'd pay you for the labor, a light went on in my head!
Doug had an understanding of God and His word equaled by few men I've known.
children and animals loved him and I believe children and animals to be good judgees of character! for as long as I can remeber Doug has done our families marryings and dyings, when you called him at 3am cause you had a crisis or faith issue or disaster you had his full undivided attention support and love! I'm sue he rates first class accommodations in Heaven but being that was a child of the appalachian hills he'd be fine with a shack by the creek and a guitar!

Boaz
07-28-2016, 09:59 AM
My condolences for your loss . It's hard to lose a good friend . He left you with the legacy of his time here and the memories . He is still with you . May his family recover quickly with our Lord's help .

Preacher Jim
07-28-2016, 11:58 AM
may the Lord comfort friends and family with an out pouring of his grace.

Blackwater
07-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear of his loss, nagantguy. The hardest part of having jewels like that in our lives is when they have to leave us. Most of the time, we revel in our sorrows, which is very understandable and human. We just seem to think that life won't change, even though we know it always does. We ought to be grateful and thankful and happy that one like him WAS in our lives to inspire us as he obviously did. But then, we wouldn't be human, would we? How can man, knowing how valuable folks like him are to us, NOT feel real sorrow at such a loss? Luckily, Christ provides for bereavement, and understands, and definitely cares when we suffer loss. Somewhere and somehow, He'll give you all something or somebody to compensate. He always keeps things "right." God bless you and all the family and friends involved.

Pine Baron
07-28-2016, 04:10 PM
nagantguy, my sincere condolences on your loss. May God grant comfort to all those that grieve. Amen.

nagantguy
07-28-2016, 04:18 PM
thanks guys, I'm not sorry that he's went to his reward I'm sad that I didn't spend more.time with him.

USMC87
07-28-2016, 05:50 PM
I too am sorry to hear of your loss and will be praying for all in this loss.

MaryB
07-29-2016, 01:21 AM
Sorry for your loss and I am sure the good lord will set him up with a spot by the creek to spend his time when needed! Someone like him lives on in everyone he has touched in his life!

w5pv
07-29-2016, 07:07 AM
Amen to all