PDA

View Full Version : I was Out of Touch With Arisaka Values

TCLouis
07-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Recently ended up with a Type 99 Arisaka, partially cut down stock, but missing firing pin, palm safety and firing pin spring.
Last I fiddled with Arisakas stocks were being used for firewood.
ebay has stocks for up to 200 bucks, the other pieces are around 75-100 bucks, GPC has the safety knob and firing pin for only 88 bucks.

Dang I was out of touch with reality.
I wanted to put it back in factory wood, and shoot in cast military category for grins. a bit of 10B101 and 150 gr. RCBS seem to do pretty dang good at 50 even with the 40 lb trigger pull.

Still have to find those 3 parts so they can be put back in the rifle I borrowed them from. Firing pin spring can come from Wolff easy enough.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Hi, TC--there are gougers in every business. I see complete as-issued rifles go for $200 or a little less on gunauction.com fairly often. That would be the late war guns or chop jobs. You'll have to do your own research, but you'll probably locate the parts from one of the parts houses. I'd suggest Gun Parts Corp., Jack First Co., Bob's Gun Shop (Royal, Ark.) There's a lot of people on e-bay hoping to retire wealthy on one or two sales. One suggestion--when you locate the firing pin, buy two of them. They seem to be the hardest part to acquire, even though there have been a couple runs of replicas.