No way on earth
To gain peace of mind

Take your troubles to the chapel
Get down on your knees and pray
Your burdens will be lighter
And you'll surely find the way

Traffer
07-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Hear Hear! Now I too am crying tears of joy. No exaggeration folks. If they only knew the Lord like we do. The Lord is my refuge. He alone fulfills my soul. Join us in the Chapel, we will worship Him together.

Pine Baron
07-26-2016, 11:29 AM
Thanks DCP. That's a wonderful post.

Blackwater
07-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Amen, and what a wonderful post here too! So simple. So direct. So to the point.

buckwheatpaul
07-26-2016, 12:44 PM
DCP .... simply beautiful and true....have you ever noticed how peaceful you feel in church?

Preacher Jim
07-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Amen what a blessing

shoot-n-lead
07-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Amen!

w5pv
07-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Nothing to add,Amen

GhostHawk
07-26-2016, 10:16 PM
For me it started back in early November last year. I had been lost and wandering in the wilderness for 40 years.

Somehow my lord found a way to get my memory to start replaying old country gospel songs. Like an MP3 player. We have all had a song get stuck in our head, right? This was like that. Only with a playlist. Sometimes a song, or a line of a song would get stuck.

Started with Alabama, moved onto the Oak Ridge Boys. All those old memory's of the past that had been shut away behind walls came flooding up. Tears came rolling down my face.

But after I felt better, washed clean, pure, closer to my maker.

In the end I quit fighting. I pulled up Youtube on the big TV (Amazon Fire tv) Searched for the Statler Brothers gospel. Brothers I tell you I was like an old wild steer or bronc getting herded into the chute.
I fought, I battled, but HE knew what he wanted, he persevered.

Second day it was Tennessee Ernie Ford. Now my dad had a big stack of TE Ford albums.
Normal on a sunday was on returning home for church Mom would work on dinner, Dad would que up the Tennessee Ernie Ford on the stereo and leave the volume fairly low. So you could have a conversation and it would not bother you at all. Or when TEFord swung into one of the good ones you could just lean back, close your eyes and listen.

I lived for 2 days with Tennessee in my ears during the day and in my head at night.

On the third day at last I quit fighting. I ripped off my cap, slipped out of my shoes, threw myself on the floor belly down and with a humble voice asked " Ok Lord, you win, I give up, what do you want?"

YOU.

For the next 3 weeks I did some listening to good gospel, spent some time getting reaquainted with my Maker.

And then woke up one morning to a phone call that my Dad who is 91 had suffered a stroke and was 2 miles away and my mom wanted me.

You know I sailed through the following week, cool, always ready to help, never emotional, never worried.
What would be, would be. It was in "HIS" hands.

The part that blows me away, was that he knew I had to be prepared ahead of time.
That HE knew I had a lot of healing to do, and that I was going to need that faith to be able to be strong.
And he gave me everything he had, he laid it all right out for me.

This I know, he loves us. He died for our sins. Tribulations, trials and tests are coming.
If you are not ready GET READY!

Repent, just fall on your knees, bow humbly before your LORD and ask him to nail your sins to the cross.
Ask him to show you when you sin so you can learn to avoid doing it again.
Ask for his help, lay your burdens at his feet.

The days remaining are few.

I do not like preaching, I do not like telling his story, and I do not like telling mine.

I don't care if you believe me or not.

I am not doing this for me, or you. I this for HIM. He has given me so much this is the least I can do.

Last, I do not know why this is important. But he say's it is, so here goes.

He is happiest when we follow the 10 commandments, when we use the old ways. This includes "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" Arguments have been made, but the Sabbath was Friday sundown till sat sunset.

Now he and I have gone around and around about this. It boils down to this. I was not raised Jewish, I do not know the language, the culture or the traditions. So I am never really going to be able to follow it.

What I know is this, if I find an hour or more of my time on Sat to read the bible, listen to good gospel music, meditate, contimplate and pray, I get peace like a river flowing down on me that week. It may start like a little creek but some months later it is more like ol mississippi in volume.

My wife and I don't fight anymore. There is peace in the house. I don't try to tell her what to do, and if she does something wrong I don't explode.

Like water off a ducks back. Peace like a river.

Brothers, peace be onto you. Get ready, get right, get prepared.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you, may he lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Boaz
07-27-2016, 06:30 AM
For me it started back in early November last year. I had been lost and wandering in the wilderness for 40 years.

Somehow my lord found a way to get my memory to start replaying old country gospel songs. Like an MP3 player. We have all had a song get stuck in our head, right? This was like that. Only with a playlist. Sometimes a song, or a line of a song would get stuck.

Started with Alabama, moved onto the Oak Ridge Boys. All those old memory's of the past that had been shut away behind walls came flooding up. Tears came rolling down my face.

But after I felt better, washed clean, pure, closer to my maker.

In the end I quit fighting. I pulled up Youtube on the big TV (Amazon Fire tv) Searched for the Statler Brothers gospel. Brothers I tell you I was like an old wild steer or bronc getting herded into the chute.
I fought, I battled, but HE knew what he wanted, he persevered.

Second day it was Tennessee Ernie Ford. Now my dad had a big stack of TE Ford albums.
Normal on a sunday was on returning home for church Mom would work on dinner, Dad would que up the Tennessee Ernie Ford on the stereo and leave the volume fairly low. So you could have a conversation and it would not bother you at all. Or when TEFord swung into one of the good ones you could just lean back, close your eyes and listen.

I lived for 2 days with Tennessee in my ears during the day and in my head at night.

On the third day at last I quit fighting. I ripped off my cap, slipped out of my shoes, threw myself on the floor belly down and with a humble voice asked " Ok Lord, you win, I give up, what do you want?"

YOU.

For the next 3 weeks I did some listening to good gospel, spent some time getting reaquainted with my Maker.

And then woke up one morning to a phone call that my Dad who is 91 had suffered a stroke and was 2 miles away and my mom wanted me.

You know I sailed through the following week, cool, always ready to help, never emotional, never worried.
What would be, would be. It was in "HIS" hands.

The part that blows me away, was that he knew I had to be prepared ahead of time.
That HE knew I had a lot of healing to do, and that I was going to need that faith to be able to be strong.
And he gave me everything he had, he laid it all right out for me.

This I know, he loves us. He died for our sins. Tribulations, trials and tests are coming.
If you are not ready GET READY!

Repent, just fall on your knees, bow humbly before your LORD and ask him to nail your sins to the cross.
Ask him to show you when you sin so you can learn to avoid doing it again.
Ask for his help, lay your burdens at his feet.

The days remaining are few.

I do not like preaching, I do not like telling his story, and I do not like telling mine.

I don't care if you believe me or not.

I am not doing this for me, or you. I this for HIM. He has given me so much this is the least I can do.

Last, I do not know why this is important. But he say's it is, so here goes.

He is happiest when we follow the 10 commandments, when we use the old ways. This includes "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" Arguments have been made, but the Sabbath was Friday sundown till sat sunset.

Now he and I have gone around and around about this. It boils down to this. I was not raised Jewish, I do not know the language, the culture or the traditions. So I am never really going to be able to follow it.

What I know is this, if I find an hour or more of my time on Sat to read the bible, listen to good gospel music, meditate, contimplate and pray, I get peace like a river flowing down on me that week. It may start like a little creek but some months later it is more like ol mississippi in volume.

My wife and I don't fight anymore. There is peace in the house. I don't try to tell her what to do, and if she does something wrong I don't explode.

Like water off a ducks back. Peace like a river.

Brothers, peace be onto you. Get ready, get right, get prepared.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you, may he lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Thank you for sharing that testimony . It helps us all .

Pine Baron
07-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Ghosthawk, Thank you so much for sharing this. Feeling so Blessed today.

GhostHawk
07-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys.

Blackwater
07-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Ghost, please let me add my thanks to the others'. What a great story. Not too unlike Saul on the road to Damascus, and I suspect others here have had similar experiencesIn my own case, I mainly just relied too much on my own efforts and "understanding," and that kept me from a lot I might have been able to realize before now. There must be a million ways to put something between God and ourselves, and most of us find more than one way to do that before surrendering ourselves like we should have known to do to start with.

Redemption is the way we all come to Light, and some of us resist it more than others, but really, it just doesn't matter HOW we resist it. Only that we usually DO. But that moment when we realize how foolish we've been for so long, is SO overwhelming, it simply can't come from solely within us. It HAS to come from some higher power, that's allowed us to prepare us for that realization over time. How much more love could God have for us all than that? No matter what we've done or been like or thought for so many years, when we come to Light, it all starts fresh and anew, with a clean slate.

Personally, I just can't quite get my mind wrapped fully around that kind of forgiveness and redemption, but I surely know it's real. What an amazing God we have! I am now satisfied to accept what I do not understand, which was very hard for me for many, many years. He's the potter, we're the clay, and if we let Him mold us, we'll be so much more beautiful and useful than we ever could have been on our own. What a realization!

GhostHawk
07-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Blackwood, the one I have trouble wrapping my mind around.

Is that a person who is without fault, without sin, should allow himself to be scourged, beaten, indeed skin flayed from his body, then hung on a cross. For a person he would never meet in the flesh. For people 2000 years into the future. So that I can nail my sin's to his cross and have them forgiven.

The only words that come to mind to describe something like that are "Humbling"

Thank you very much sir for the encouragement.
I was afraid for months to say anything to anyone for fear I'd be thought crazy.
Still am afraid, but HE knew, HE knew the catharsis I would get writing it, and seeing it accepted.

How little we know, how much he knows.

aspangler
07-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Ghost, Jesus allowed Himself to suffer and shed His pure blood so that we would not have to suffer in Hell for our sin. That was LOVE for us. Hard to understand but it is the Love, and mercy of God and Jesus that keeps the Saved from suffering the most horrible fate that could happen to a man or woman. Thank you for your testimony. Jesus said that if we were ashamed of Him, He would be ashamed of us. I am not ashamed and I don't think you are either.
Bless you.

DCP
07-27-2016, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEwcMvcWKgk&list=RDeEwcMvcWKgk#t=0

This is the original version of the song Crying in the Chapel. That was sung in 1953 in doo wop

This is very moving also.
Hope it moves some more people

GhostHawk
07-27-2016, 10:12 PM
You are quite correct, I am not ashamed of him. The cross was an instrument of shame and torture. Yet in my mind Jesus removed all that shame.

I am ashamed of myself at times, and my fear, especially fear of being rejected, despised.

Slowly I am learning to trust him, to lay my burdens at his feet and walk lightly in his grace.

It is a big change after 40 years of wandering in the wilderness looking after myself.

aspangler
07-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Hang in there. I enjoy your posts.

Blackwater
07-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Ghost, never be ashamed of yourself. Only of your sins. And remember, we don't suddenly become angels when we come to Light. That happens much later when we finally go to our reward. Here, we continue being men, and as such, are prone to backslide and sin. This world is a testing and proving ground, not a place where we CAN be angels. There are SO many temptations provided by the Great Tempter, and we are so weak and often weary to boot.

Have no fear of what others will think. Just try not to be overbearing with your faith. People tend to resent it. Just a casual mention of it is plenty, usually, and you can tell from their reaction whether to continue at all. Learning how to not care what others may think is one of the hardest part of being a Christian. It's our pridefulness and our desire to be "liked" and "approved of other men" that causes this.

But you're off to one great start! Just keep it going. You're gonna' be great! If you find yourself being apprehensive, that's the ol' Devil at work. Shake him off, and go with God. And don't feel you have to save the world at first. Even Christ couldn't save us all! None of us can or will either.

Just enjoy your faith and all the light you now have, and study instead of worry. And you can study just by watching and listening to other folks, and what they say and how they say it, and the things they do. There are illustrations all around us of what is contained in the Bible. Illustrations of its advice and principles are all around us. As it says, "Lift up thine eyes" when you start feeling "guilty." You're not any more. You're saved.

You're just still human as well, and you'll fall short on occasion, but Grace covers all that. What a wonderful feeling it is to know that after you've pieced it all together. Satan will have you doubt, and worry. That's something God will never do to you, so you know where it's originating when it comes. It's just ol' Satan trying to make you doubt the light you now have, so maybe you'll put it down, and follow him instead. Don't fall for it. "Lift up thine eyes" and thank God for your salvation.

Satan will do all he can in his inestimable powers (he's evil, but still powerful) to get you to doubt and lay your light down, and walk with him into the darkness. He is a liar and a mocker. Don't listen to him, and just lift up your eyes to Heaven. That ought'a do it when those temptations face you. And don't think you're the first or only to face that. We all have. Every single one of us! Welcome to the never ending battle, brother! Good to have you aboard!