PDA

View Full Version : For thought and mediation

rl69
07-25-2016, 06:22 AM
Revival Starts with PrayerAsk, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.—Matthew 7:7 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=4dae788bcb&e=3dd732485b)There never has been a prayerless revival in history. Revival starts with prayer.

God said, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://1)).

Notice God said, "Pray and seek My face." We should not only pray, but we also should seek His face. There is a difference. We can pray like this: "Lord, send revival. Amen." Now let's get lunch. Or, we can pray, "Lord, we are seeking You. . . . Lord, we are calling out to You. . . . Lord, we are desperate for You. . . . Lord, we need You. Send an awakening to America." It is effectively a prayer that doesn't take no for an answer.

Are we being presumptuous when we pray that way? No, because Jesus said, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7). Another way to translate this would be, "Keep asking, keep seeking, Keep knocking." Jesus goes on to say, "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." (verse 8).

When we are praying for revival, we are praying according to the will of God. When we are praying for the salvation of a loved one, we are praying according to the will of God. We need to press forward in our prayers and seek His face, not backing down.

We cannot organize a revival, but we can agonize for one in prayer. Perhaps we can prepare the ground. Better yet, we ought to "preprayer" the ground. Press on.

Boaz
07-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Good post . You must seek to find . Rattling off a prayer out of social pressure , minimal sense of weak commitment is like shooting blanks . My few reply's to the rabid non believer all I generally include are the two main words ...seek and ...choice. At that point unless they are receptive to reasonable discussion my part is filled . Get your mind right , lay down this world and talk to GOD personally . He's there , he already knows your heart . Seek is the beginning .
Thank you rl69 !

buckwheatpaul
07-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Great post....all along I have said that if God and Jesus is on your heart then They will be on your lips....it is the result of putting Them first and sincerely, and humbly.....IMHO.....Paul

claude
07-25-2016, 08:09 AM
Well chosen Ronnie, thank you.

Preacher Jim
07-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Ronnie that was profound wisdom and if everyone would take it to prayer revival would come.
It also says pray without ceasing, never stop till it comes

Pine Baron
07-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Preprayer...I like that!

Blackwater
07-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Graet post, and particularly the part about preparing for any great effort. Prayer before effort always prepares our minds and sets our attitudes in the right frame to be our best witness possible.

smoked turkey
07-25-2016, 03:53 PM
If there ever was a nation that needed revival it is our nation. I include myself in that.