PDA

View Full Version : Verse for 7/24

DerekP Houston
07-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Alright here's one for today:

3 John 1:11 (http://www.biblestudytools.com/3-john/1-11.html)11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

Maybe this can be in reference to before I saw the light. Perhaps his will was still being done just by "doing good works" by others with no wish for recompense or rewards. Yesterday I stopped by a new friends house and her kids were very joyful just for the visit and company. We were blessed with a lot of free kids items from family members when we had our child and had the fortune to pass to another about to be new mom. While there my 2 yr old was made to feel part of the family and he is typically shy like me around new folks. They showed him all their toys, insisted on coloring with him, and led him all around the house just so we could sit and talk. I hope my son turns out that great.

All of this happened by a simple mistake years ago, she friended me on facebook due to my last name being in common with her church. I honestly don't really look at posters names/screen names and just enjoyed chatting with her until we finally asked "so whom is it we have in common? and found out...no one" I got the feeling yesterday that maybe that's what I was meant to be doing.

Boaz
07-24-2016, 07:58 AM
The verse is true .
We are all tied in a chain of events initiated by our Lord . Some events will have a finite out come according to his plan .
Some are open ended leaving you to determine the out come . We are told that we may be tested but never tempted .

Thank you Derek

rl69
07-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV)36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2022:36-40#fen-NIV-23910a)] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ [B]40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

yes sir sir we never know what another is going threw .you may never know when a kind word or a short visit will turn someone's day around.

Great at jod this morning
ronnie

Blackwater
07-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Derek, you're right that folks who do good things have the Lord in their hearts. And it's certain that God sometimes uses even atheists to achieve his will. We're all just tools, in a way, to Him, and He can use us even when we think it's us who is in control. Many who tend to believe in their heart of hearts, just take a while to find the doorway to belief. It's when we cross that threshold into belief that things start really making sense that had mystified us prior to that movement on our part. I told you you'd be amazed at how some of the things in Christianity work. I think you're beginning to see just how wondrous and awe-inspiring Christianity really is. And you've got so much more ahead of you. God bless and keep you and yours as you journey through the wonders we are all a part of. It's even funny now and then, too! Welcome aboard, brother. I think you're gonna' make one fine sailor on this ship!