PDA

View Full Version : BFR/Ruger front sights

dubber123
07-24-2016, 02:14 AM
My brother would like to replace the cheesy aluminum front sight on his BFR, I know at least 1 member on here used to sell a steel replacement, but like a dummy I never wrote down who.. Anyone have a lead? Thanks. :)

contender1
07-24-2016, 10:28 AM
Not sure if this is any help,,, but a guy named Fermin, known as "2 Dogs" sold a VERY nice front sight set-up. Not cheap,,, but well worth it.

If that doesn't help, I may have few spares in the white in steel in my parts boxes that may work.

44man
07-24-2016, 11:04 AM
I just remove the front sights, toss in a drawer and put the Ultra Dot on. :kidding:

ole 5 hole group
07-24-2016, 11:22 AM
I have advanced CRS but I think sixshot had a source for those sights as well. I'd recommend ordering the sight thinned to 0.09 or 0.10 and know the exact height you want or else ordering 2 of different heights.

dubber123
07-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Thank you gentlemen, a late night Googleizing reminded me of Fermin. I have a PM in to him, but I also believe you are right about Sixshot, (Dick), I will keep him in mind too. Contender1, you da man, thanks for the offer, lets see what transpires here. :)

contender1
07-24-2016, 10:34 PM
sixshot & 2 dogs are good friends. I believe Fermin got the whole sight done,,, while sixshot had just replacement blades & rear peeps done. I have a few of sixhot's rear peeps, and a pair of the taller front sight blades. I needed one on my Bisley 480. But if you need the whole solid sight for soldering on, 2 dogs is the one to talk to. If he's out,,, as I said, I may have something in the white in my stuff.