PDA

View Full Version : texan turret press manual

porthos
07-22-2016, 08:02 PM
just got a texan 7 hole turret press today. a little rough, but, i enjoy restoring stuff. i don't have a manual for it, and there are none to be had. if any of you guys have a manual , i would most appreciate it if someone would make me a copy and mail it to me. i will pay for mailing in a large envelope and any other expenses . PM me if anyone can help. in the last year i have also acquired a hollywood senior and a c&h "H" press. somewhere in my travels over the shooting websites i saw a picture of a press that looked like a minature hollywood single stage. anyone know what it might be? ( it wasn't the new RCBS)

porthos

slim1836
07-22-2016, 08:13 PM
I've got an old TEXAN shotshell reloader that I have no manual for, In case anyone has one, I too would like a copy. Not trying to hijack porthos' post, just saying I'm in the same boat. I'll bet there are others.

Slim

CGT80
07-22-2016, 09:00 PM
I have one as well.

I took it apart and then found out how much supplies cost vs. buying shotshells from walley world............so the parts sit in a box in the garage.

skeettx
07-22-2016, 09:29 PM
http://stevespages.com/texan.html

slim1836
07-23-2016, 08:27 AM
http://stevespages.com/texan.html

Thanks for the info.
I found the same info a while back, however, my press is a "Texan Loadmaster".
Hope this will help Porthos.

Slim

lotech
07-23-2016, 08:42 AM
porthos: I'm assuming your press is the regular turret model for loading cartridges other than shotshells. I've had a couple of these, still have and use one regularly. Over the years, I've had three progressives but always return to the Texan as the most versatile, reliable and trouble-free machine. I bought the press more than thirty years ago, receiving no manual or paperwork with it. Good luck on finding a manual, but these presses are so simple you can probably get by fine without one. Seldom will anything break or wear out, but with a little searching, parts can be found if needed. These presses were produced until the early 1980s. Texan had an exhibit at the Dallas SHOT Show about that time; company by then had moved from Dallas to the Midwest. I think they went under not long afterwards.

rancher1913
07-23-2016, 01:36 PM
thanks skeetx that helped me, so far it works fine but at least now I have some info on it.