PDA

View Full Version : M & P Cast Bullets - Mike Morton

square butte
07-20-2016, 06:32 AM
I stopped by a gun shop in Bondville, VT yesterday and learned of the passing of Mike Morton who was the owner/operator of M & P Cast Bullets in Brattleboro, VT. I am a little late in learning this - He passed on June 20, just 5 days after his 60th birthday. I know he had some health issues over the last few years - Apparently this was a heart attack. I had some awful good visits with him over the years - sitting on a 5 gallon bucket around a kerosene heater in the middle of winter. Many of my molds came from his amazing collection of old molds. His shop was absolutely packed to the gills - You never knew what you were going to find. If it was hard to come by - He usually had it buried in some pile somewhere in the shop. I left quite a bit of money there over the years. He was a good resource for anyone who cast. He was a good man - and a Christian. He leaves behind his wife Pam and grandson Logan who lived with them. Also a Daughter and her husband - Some grand children. And I think some siblings. I will miss him.

djgoings
07-20-2016, 07:36 AM
Sorry to hear about Mike's passing. Have used his cast bullets for many years.

Artful
07-20-2016, 08:22 PM
May he be having a good time with Felix out on the range in the Heavens.

Boolseye
10-23-2016, 09:42 PM
I knew Mike, too, bought my first boolits from him before I started casting. RIP.

square butte
10-24-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't know if his family decided to keep the business going of not. I was down in Brattleboro last week and still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that he is gone.

Boolseye
10-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Yeah, it was a shock. I play music with his cousin, too. Big local family. That barn was something to see !!