PDA

View Full Version : please tell us

johnson1942
07-19-2016, 08:32 PM
tell all of us you committed christians. what do you want to share with us? im interested and so is many others. what does God want you to share with all of us?

Preacher Jim
07-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Johnson if I summed it up it would be His love. Love that He expressed by sending Jesus to be our Savior.

fast ronnie
07-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Christ died for our sins. There is only ONE path to God, and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible states that NO man can come to the Father except through Christ.

He is not some un-caring un-available being who can't be reached. There is an old testament picture of how much Christ does care. The Priest's robe had 12 stones attached to the front representing each of the twelve tribes of Israel when he went into the Holy of Holies. This is symbolic of Christ standing before the Father in intercession for each of those who put their faith in Him. He carries each of us near to His heart at all times.

We are not even able to comprehend how much He cares for us, as He gave His life for us while we were living in rebellion from Him.

I've been a Christian since 1974, and the farther I walk with Him, the more I realize how little we understand about His caring and compassion.
I lead a small group at our church, and have studied the Bible for years. It amazes me of some of the open secrets in scripture. It is there, but no one can fully understand; it is just plain more than the human mind can fathom. I don't know what being with Him in heaven will be like, only that it will be amazing!!!!

One caveat, though: only those in Christ will be there. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God. Today is the day we need to repent and commit ourselves to Him because we do not Know if we will have tomorrow. Scripture states that God will not always strive with man. There will be a time when God says "enough is enough!"

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best I can. PM me if you wish, and we can go to any depth of discussion you would like, and as much as I am able.

Just remember, Jesus loves you!!

SSGOldfart
07-20-2016, 12:50 AM
Fast Ronnie that was well said Thank-you for taking the time to spread God's word.

Ken in Iowa
07-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Great question Johnson.

My first thought is that God will meet you wherever you are Today! Just reach out and open your eyes, ears and heart.

DerekP Houston
07-20-2016, 08:28 AM
Christ died for our sins. There is only ONE path to God, and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Bible states that NO man can come to the Father except through Christ.

He is not some un-caring un-available being who can't be reached. There is an old testament picture of how much Christ does care. The Priest's robe had 12 stones attached to the front representing each of the twelve tribes of Israel when he went into the Holy of Holies. This is symbolic of Christ standing before the Father in intercession for each of those who put their faith in Him. He carries each of us near to His heart at all times.

We are not even able to comprehend how much He cares for us, as He gave His life for us while we were living in rebellion from Him.

I've been a Christian since 1974, and the farther I walk with Him, the more I realize how little we understand about His caring and compassion.
I lead a small group at our church, and have studied the Bible for years. It amazes me of some of the open secrets in scripture. It is there, but no one can fully understand; it is just plain more than the human mind can fathom. I don't know what being with Him in heaven will be like, only that it will be amazing!!!!

One caveat, though: only those in Christ will be there. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God. Today is the day we need to repent and commit ourselves to Him because we do not Know if we will have tomorrow. Scripture states that God will not always strive with man. There will be a time when God says "enough is enough!"

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best I can. PM me if you wish, and we can go to any depth of discussion you would like, and as much as I am able.

Just remember, Jesus loves you!!

Thanks for sharing.

EMC45
07-20-2016, 09:12 AM
All I can tell you is God loves you so much He sent Christ to die in our place. No one is beyond hope if they are still here sucking air. He loved me and saved me... If that isn't a miracle I don't what is. I was chief among sinners and a wretch!

Proverbs 3:5,6 comes to mind with this question.

Pine Baron
07-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Johnson,
Preacher Jim said it simply, fast ronnie said it more in depth. I could not say it any better.

toallmy
07-20-2016, 09:59 AM
I'll be simple ,heaven , or hell , your choice .

Blackwater
07-20-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd say that no matter what a man or woman has done in their lives up to the moment the Holy Spirit lays open the door to belief, he or she STILL enters belief as pure as the driven snow. Even cleaner these days in most snow locations. That's the thing that most can't wrap their minds around until they get a little ways inside belief. Once a person believes, lots of things start making sense that could never have really made sense before.

Forgiveness is a gift from God, and we can either accept it or turn away from it. We always retain that option, right up to our last breath on this earth. Nobody, no matter how heinous they may have been prior to their conversion experience, is "too bad" to merit Christ's forgiveness and love. That doesn't sit well with many who are steeped only in the things of this world, but it's true nevertheless.

Most who don't believe simply can't get their minds wrapped around the concept of just what God and Christ and the Holy Spirit really are, or how they permeate the whole of our existence. It takes someone who actually wants the answers to find them, and in the cynical, nihlistic atmosphere that exists in our country and the world today, it seems to be increasingly common to find many who simply no longer even want or seek the real answers in life. They seem to prefer the simple, pat answers that the cynical, nihlistic worl around us offers in lieu of "the real thing." But then, the "high and mighty," the haughty and those wrapped up in their own desires and passions, have been denying God for millenea now, so it's certainly nothing new.

As long as we humans retain our free will, there'll always be those who deny God and try to pretend He's not real. But God can't care about those. They sentence themselves to never knowing the real joys and satisfactions of belief. That's sad, but I have faith that God knows what He's doing MUCH better than we ever could. It takes some real trust and faith to be a Christian, but there are many things that point heavily to His existence, even in the field of science now. Many seem to not care or even want to acknowledge that, but it's true no matter what anyone wants to think.

The real joys and satisfactions that accompany belief are simply awe-inspiring, and it's really hard, perhaps impossible, to describe it. I know I'm not competent to do it, and have met no one who can, adequately. But we can point folks in the direction they need to know if they are really seeking the true answers. It all depends on their free will to do so, or to not do so. Therein lies the whole crux of Christian belief. "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved," but it's a DECISION that one has to make, one way or the other, whether to believe or not. Everyone is touched, and offered salfation, but not all accept it. That seems counterintuitive, but it's true, nonetheless. Belief is optional, but the consequences of the decision to accept or turn away from it carries consequences, just like all the other decisions we make in life. That's just how it all works, at least initially.