PDA

View Full Version : Help with RCBS Shell holder adapter

BlackRat
07-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Hello guys, today I made a mistake while trying to polish an RCBS universal shell holder adapter that came with the Hollywood Senior.
Basically I tried to remove the clip that retains the X type shell holders and I broke it!
Here's the adapter I'm talking about:

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh629/ssiniscalchi/20160718_193027_zpse8u3lc1z.jpg

Now the question is... Anyone knows where can I find a new clip? I know that Lee sells a shell holder retainer clip for the classic turret but I don't know if it's going to work.The original clip is made of some very hard wire so making a new one is beyond my current capabilities.

Any help will be very appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!

44Vaquero
07-19-2016, 05:14 PM
C&H 4D!!

https://www.ch4d.com/

Wayne Smith
07-20-2016, 07:41 AM
I think the RCBS type wire clip will work in those too. At least I'm gonna try when I get my Brown Bair set up. If not I will have the CH4D clips.

I told RCBS I needed one for an old Echo press and offered to pay - as usual they refused and sent me three! Not even their press.

dg31872
07-20-2016, 07:48 AM
I do not know about Hornady, Redding, and the others, but it is tough to beat RCBS customer service.

ReloaderFred
07-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Just call or e-mail RCBS and they'll send you one for free.

Hope this helps.

Fred

BlackRat
07-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Thank you guys!
I'll give it a try to call RCBS if not CH4d sells these adapters for 12 bucks which isn't too bad at all. I'm gonna need another for the Universal and some primer arms for both Hollywoods so if RCBS can't send me the clip I'll do with CH4d.

gwpercle
07-20-2016, 01:11 PM
CH4D , nice folks to do business with, they have helped me with parts, clips and springs to get an Eagle Cobra press , Lyman All American Turret press and Pacific Super Deluxe presse back up and running again. I like their dies and accessories too.
Gary

BlackRat
07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Yesterday I sent an email to RCBS asking if I could buy a couple of clips from them and today I just received an email saying that they were sending a few for free! I didn't even have to pay for the shipping costs.

If their customer support is always this good perhaps I will have more green stuff on my bench.

Again, thank you all for your help!

ReloaderFred
07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
RCBS was the first in the industry to adopt a policy of a full lifetime warranty. It's been that way ever since Fred Huntington started the company, since he figured that if you supported your customers, they'd support you.

Fred

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
07-22-2016, 05:37 AM
I use .062 spring steel and wind those on my lathe (around a mandrel). I hve made quite a few of those clips for the shellholder adapters I make. Fitting/tweaking the clip to fit is by far the hardest part of the manufacturing process. Maybe I will call RCBS in the future.... lol