PDA

View Full Version : Buldged barrel in Glock 36

DxieLandMan
07-19-2016, 04:12 PM
I was shooting my Glock the other day at the range and when I finished the 2nd magazine, the slide would not function. Yada, yada, rangemaster took it apart and the barrel was bludged. I mostly reloads (mild loads, nothing hot). My gunsmith said that I am SOL and need to buy a new barrel. Question is: 1: Am I really out of luck and need a new barrel? 2, what kind of barrels are out there specifically for shooting reloads in a Glock 36 (subcompact .45 ACP). 3, If there are no barrels out there for shooting reloads, what kind of barrel would you recommend?

Mk42gunner
07-19-2016, 05:45 PM
1. Yes you need a new barrel.

2. I haven't looked for a Model 36, but Lone Wolf used to make a lot of Glock barrels.

There is a sticky in the handgun section titled "Shooting Lead in Glocks" that has a lot of info.

Robert

lefty o
07-19-2016, 06:01 PM
yup, if you buldged the barrel, you need a new barrel, and if your lucky nothing else. also need to watch your reloading procedures closer, as buldges dont just happen for no reason.

HATCH
07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1791&CAT=238
$99.99

Or if you want a factory barrel -> https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=725144&CAT=56
$150.00

Go with the Lone Wolf and don't worry about it.

Your gonna run into the same problem again so buy two barrels.
The problem isn't running lead bullets or even reloads.
The problem is that you had a low power load that stuck a bullet in the barrel and you shot another one that was regular power.
It pushed the first one out but caused the bulge.

Or alternately you can just sell me your pistol for cheap. I will put a threaded barrel in it and use it for my suppressor.

And I don't mean to come off sounding like a ******* but those are the facts.

DxieLandMan
07-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Thank you for all your help. The low powder bullet scenario is probably what caused that issue and I think that may have been what caused it. Oh well...

BTW- you are not sounding like an ******* and although I would not mind selling this pistol, I promised my step-son that he got 1st dibs on it if I ever decided to get rid of it.

m.chalmers
08-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Check fleapay and ar15 for new/used barrels. You'll see a few new OEM ones for sale cheap.

clum553946
08-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Do you remember if you fired a round & the gun didn't cycle? If so, always check the barrel to see if it's clear under those circumstances, don't rack the slide & fire again. An under powered load that won't push the bullet through the barrel will not cycle the slide.

Pumpkinheaver
08-27-2016, 11:35 PM
I concur, it sounds like a squib that wasn't noticed and the barrel bulged upon firing the next round.

brandon89
09-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Just throwing it out there, KKM barrels are excellent. I have used Wilson Combat, Zev Tech, Storm Lake, Lone Wolf, and I will take the KKM over all of them

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1_Ogre
09-03-2016, 06:25 AM
I "HAD" a grock 26 and fired well over 1000 rounds of reloads in it with no problems. Check with Dillon, MidWay for a new barrel. Lone Wolfe makes good barrels. The reason grock says not to use reloads, IMHO, isn't that they will hurt the gun, it's for legal purposes only, lack of responsibility in the event of an overcharge.

Virginia John
09-03-2016, 06:50 AM
Since it is a Glock, go with Lone Wolf or KKK and shoot what you want. Anything but squibs followed by a second round. When you are reloading make sure there is powder in every round. It has cost me a barrel or two, so don't feel like you are the only one but learn from your experience.

B R Shooter
09-03-2016, 07:28 AM
A 36 is an awesome carry gun. Goes with me everywhere.

reivertom
09-08-2016, 12:07 AM
I have a Lone Wolf in my 26 and it shoots better than the factory barrel. It also has cut rifling that is better for lead cast bullets if you want to shoot them.