PDA

View Full Version : My Colt AR 15 LE 6920 GOV'T Restricted

Down South
07-18-2016, 08:36 PM
I have one of these that I bought NIB some yrs ago, came with the carry handle too. I decided to Google it and was surprised.
They seemed to have slipped into a collectors market. I found a few for sale for more than twice what I paid. I think that I'll hang onto it. It is doing better than some other investments that I have.

Scharfschuetze
07-18-2016, 09:02 PM
What makes it government restricted in its title?

As I understand it now, many AR15 style rifles are restricted in California and parts of the North East so that the Progressives can have a group hug without fear of common sense getting in the way.

imashooter2
07-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Back during the ban days, Colt actually stamped their receivers:

Down South
07-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Back during the ban days, Colt actually stamped their receivers:
Yes that is the roll stamp on one side.

kayala
07-19-2016, 10:39 AM
This is the only difference, as I understand, since then Colt sold tons of LE6920 & SP6920 (yet another slightly different rollmark) but essentially same rifle.

Down South
07-19-2016, 01:23 PM
This is the only difference, as I understand, since then Colt sold tons of LE6920 & SP6920 (yet another slightly different rollmark) but essentially same rifle.
That is correct. It appears that they had an abundance of lowers already made from the Clinton ban that had the restricted roll marks and used them to sell to the public.
Mine is post ban born in 2009.

Scharfschuetze
07-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the enlightenment on Colt's provisos during the Clinton regime.

It was also under Clinton that the roll marks on the barrels of imported surplus rifles became de rigeuer too.

root
07-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Once the ban went away all those restricted guns were sold to the people that live in states that can have them.
Some companies kept and still do mark items so at a glance you know if it's post or pre since some states kept or have since passed bans.

I also know of at least one company that out right states they WILL NOT mark items because they know they are making it to places not allowed.
And don't want to ruin it for the people that are exercising their rights.

Rich