PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of the Hit!

seagiant
07-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Hi,
Looking at info on the Rem.700 SPS 308 and ran into this!

A young girl shooting, and enjoying herself, when she hit's the mark! (short vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6LSZc1ssVg

osteodoc08
07-19-2016, 11:21 AM
The true pleasure of gun ownership and shooting.

I have a 223 SPS Varmint which I've been working with. It will definitely need a better stock but shows promise. It has a 1:12 twist so I'm kinda limited to traditional varmint weights, but that's fine by me.

seagiant
07-19-2016, 12:06 PM
The true pleasure of him ownership and shooting.

I have a 223 SPS Varmint which I've been working with. It will definitely need a better stock but shows promise. It has a 1:12 twist so I'm kinda limited to traditional varmint weights, but that's fine by me.

Hi,
I've gone round and round with this research!

Being Left handed I do not have as many options as right handers do!

I wanted a Tikka, but the only heavy barrel they have is right handed unless I go up to a $1600 rifle!!!

The Rem 700 Varmit in .308 has the heavy barrel at 26", and comes Left Hand.

Thought it might be a good basic platform to build on and there is plenty of after market support!

Looking at the Choate stock as a affordable option!

edwardware
07-20-2016, 07:16 PM
The true pleasure of gun ownership and shooting.

I have the 223 SPS Tactical (shorter heavy barrel) and finally replaced the tupperware stock with a Boyds. The Boyds was a great fit out of the box, but I glass bedded it anyway. It's a much nicer feel.

In my opinion, Remington sells the gun with a check-the-box stock, figuring the serious users will replace it anyway.

OS OK
07-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I've gone round and round with this research!

Being Left handed I do not have as many options as right handers do!

I wanted a Tikka, but the only heavy barrel they have is right handed unless I go up to a $1600 rifle!!!

The Rem 700 Varmit in .308 has the heavy barrel at 26", and comes Left Hand.

Thought it might be a good basic platform to build on and there is plenty of after market support!

Looking at the Choate stock as a affordable option!

I know your pain...'left handed people in a right handed world'...@66 I have yet to own a left rifle, I've got the Rem 700 Varmit in .308W, looks similar, bull bbl. I just added a small home built cheek pad to fit my face. I wouldn't know how to act not reaching over the scope to rack the bolt...

seagiant
07-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi,
I'll never buy a right handed rifle again!!!

If I can't find what I want, I build it!

With the Rem 700 SPS, stick it in a stock, shoot it.....

When the barrel is gone, put on a custom barrel and blueprint the action!

Build as you go plan!

robg
07-22-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm a lefty to that's why I've got a savage 116 in 308 lh price difference was very little from a rh version . it can out shoot me every time ,I can even shoot 1 inch groups regularly which shows how good it is!

Ole Joe Clarke
07-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Great video, spoiled by the disgusting comments made by idiots.