PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

Ole Joe Clarke
07-18-2016, 08:21 AM
Mods if this is not the appropiate place for this post, please move.

I placed a order with Dardas Cast Bullets for 100 pcs of 40 cal cast bullets, sized to .402 dia, for a test run in my 40's. The order came in last Saturday with almost all the lube melted away, soaked into the packing and unusable. As you all know, hot summer heat in a mail truck is not good for lubed bullets.

I immediately contacted Matt Dardas by email, with photos. His reply is below, posted with his permission.

"Hi Leon,

Yea, the USPS gorillas did you a number. It is apparent that the envelope
sat out in direct sunlight somewhere. So, I have an idea, I will ship
another 100 to you this time in a small flat rate box. This should provide
'insulation' from the direct sunlight. I will put them together Monday
morning. This is all free. I only ask that you report the condition of the
bullets back to me as soon as you receive them.

I trust that this will be agreeable with you."

The part I like was: no fuss, no excuses, just gonna replace the bullets.
I'm not suggesting you order from Matt, but good customer service seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

DerekP Houston
07-18-2016, 08:39 AM
Sounds like a stand up gentleman in my opinion. Love supporting vendors like that.

sghart3578
07-18-2016, 01:49 PM
I love Dardas bullets. I have used his stuff for a long time with great results. I can recommend his stuff without hesitation.

sparky45
07-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Take the others and clean them with a solvent to remove all traces of the wax and powder coat them. They'll shoot as good or better than the waxed ones.

mold maker
07-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Or re-lube them with any good (Bens) lube and enjoy a free 100 rounds.

HarryT
07-21-2016, 10:59 AM
It's been a long time since I've had any store bought lead bullets. But back in the old days, commercial lube was as hard as wax and didn't melt during shipping. PS: If the lube melted because of the hot USPS vehicle interior, just think about the conditions the poor mail carrier has to work in.

Ole Joe Clarke
07-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Yea, I know, the others have shipped and I'm afraid the same thing will happen. I bought these because they are sized .402 diameter. None of the big box suppliers list a sizer in .402. I sold my Lee 40 cal mould because the bullets were undersize to begin with. Trying to get some shootin bullets on hand in the mean time.

Supposed to be 99/100° here today.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

kmw1954
07-21-2016, 06:21 PM
That's what I call pride in their product and services. Good to know and will now look them up.

victorfox
07-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Great service. Thumbs up to mr. Dardas!

Mal Paso
07-21-2016, 07:53 PM
I placed a order with Dardas Cast Bullets for 100 pcs of 40 cal cast bullets, sized to .402 dia, for a test run in my 40's. The order came in last Saturday with almost all the lube melted away, soaked into the packing and unusable. As you all know, hot summer heat in a mail truck is not good for lubed bullets.

See, that's why the "Pro" bullet companies use hard blue lube. It stays put with high temperatures, centrifugal force, and high speed so 90% is still in the groove on recovered bullets.:bigsmyl2:

Ole Joe Clarke
07-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Received the 100 replacement bullets today from Dardas, some lube had melted but very little. Matt came through just like he said he would.

Have a blessed day,

Leon