PDA

View Full Version : Lucky?

458mag
07-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Wonder how their luck will hold out now?http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/15/deputies-asked-not-to-dine-at-washington-state-restaurant.html

smoked turkey
07-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a place to avoid for us law abiding citizens. Anyplace too good for our finest is also too good for me. I am too far away to go anyway, but if I was closer I still wouldn't go. Most places in this part of the country like law enforcement to be seen at their establishment once in a while. Not only that but most also give a small discount to them when they do come. Nice!

DerekP Houston
07-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a place to avoid for us law abiding citizens. Anyplace too good for our finest is also too good for me. I am too far away to go anyway, but if I was closer I still wouldn't go. Most places in this part of the country like law enforcement to be seen at their establishment once in a while. Not only that but most also give a small discount to them when they do come. Nice!

Seems like a decent take on it. I personally check new restaurant out during prime dinner/lunch hours and look at the cars. If the parking lot isn't packed and the outside doesn't smell like tasty food I'll find somewhere else. A big plus for us is seeing the troopers or HPD patrol cars in a big group. If officers eat somewhere regularly that is generally a good indication of decent service, price, and atmosphere.

I don't pay the price for fancy restaurants when I can duplicate it at home for way less cost.

Another way to view it:

If I pull off the highway in the middle of no where and there are 2 truck stops.....1 packed full of truckers and the other mysteriously empty. Which one would you pick? Truckers know their **** too and put in a lot of hours. Hasn't failed me yet for picking rest stops and gas stations worth my time.

victorfox
07-15-2016, 09:35 AM
I would no go to a place like this and would spread a sort of boycott...

These same people who dislike police loves drugs abortion and gun control. Funny thing is when they get their a## kicked or get robbed or raped whatever they are the first to call a instant repression from the police and so "justice can be done"....

StolzerandSons
07-15-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm gonna play devils advocate for a moment not because I agree with this restaurant but because I can see reasoning behind the decision.
Given the current state of the country and the targeting of law enforcement becoming more and more common recently it could be viewed as a preemptive business decision. Why put a target inside your restaurant and risk all your business when you can simply ask the target group not to use your business.

Like I said I don't agree with it but I can see a reason for doing it.

Smoke4320
07-15-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna play devils advocate for a moment not because I agree with this restaurant but because I can see reasoning behind the decision.
Given the current state of the country and the targeting of law enforcement becoming more and more common recently it could be viewed as a preemptive business decision. Why put a target inside your restaurant and risk all your business when you can simply ask the target group not to use your business.

Like I said I don't agree with it but I can see a reason for doing it.

definitely an interesting way to look at it .. Like you don't agree but interesting

nvbirdman
07-15-2016, 10:51 AM
I carry a gun for self protection. The presence of police in a restaurant would seem to offer extra protection.

victorfox
07-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Stolzer I thought the same as the reasoning behind the decision. However there are ways to say things. It would be a lot more polite in my opinion the openly say your concerns than to hide behind the "our customers..." talk IF the reason was fear of mass shootings.... but i may be wrong in this opinion.

10x
07-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Free advertising.

popper
07-15-2016, 11:59 AM
This is real 'luck'. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/15/deputy-fires-one-in-a-billion-shot-down-barrel-of-suspects-gun/

quilbilly
07-15-2016, 12:03 PM
I saw the story about this on our local TV station. The owners were absolutely in tears at the offense with their apologies to the local police offering free meals to them. The family barely peaks English and they said their son who committed the offensive statements had no idea how offensive what he said was.
Probably learning the language from watching Seattle TV no doubt where such things are politically correct but not true once you leave the political sewer of Seattle.

victorfox
07-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Well mistery solved..