PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Threader Needed

casac47
07-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Anybody willing to make me a new handle for my RCBS Jr. press ? I just want something threaded on the top so I can get rid of that Gawd Awful bicycle grip. Thanks for looking.

Rattlesnake Charlie
07-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Select what you want on the end of the existing shaft, drill a hole the shaft will fit in, and use two-part epoxy. No threading necessary.

Hardcast416taylor
07-14-2016, 03:29 PM
A fellow site posting gentleman offered pool balls drilled out to your dimension for your op handle last year. I got green table balls for my 2 RCBS presses, 2 orange for my Lyman sizers and a red one for my Hornady Pro - 7 press. You can use wood balls from a craft store and drill them out yourself, I did for quite a few years with no breakage of the wood.Robert

Walter Laich
07-14-2016, 08:43 PM
A fellow site posting gentleman offered pool balls drilled out to your dimension for your op handle last year. I got green table balls for my 2 RCBS presses, 2 orange for my Lyman sizers and a red one for my Hornady Pro - 7 press. You can use wood balls from a craft store and drill them out yourself, I did for quite a few years with no breakage of the wood.Robert

I just did this today in fact. Used a forstner bit. Needed 1" which was no problem. Did drill over half way into the ball so the force would be more on the center of the ball rather than right at the hole on the ball.

took a piece of wood and clamped it to drill press platform. Lowered it so I 'just' made a shallow hole in wood with drill fully extended. placed ball in hole and drill bit was centered on ball. Did hold the ball with a clamp so it wouldn't spin. Worked great.

browntown
07-15-2016, 12:14 AM
RCBS sent me a new handle with a ball on the end when I asked. I mailed in the "toggle", they mailed me back a new toggle block, a new handle and a knob on top. For free. I was impressed.

I'm not sure if it will work, but Redding makes a press fit ball for press handles. It's pretty affordable too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/778923/redding-press-ball-handle-conversion

gwpercle
07-15-2016, 05:38 PM
In high school shop class we would turn gear shift knobs from fancy wood or , with the nice shop drill press , drill a hole in a pool ball and epoxy it on the stick shift. A fellow student's father... owned a bar and a pool hall , He would give old pool balls to us ! Guess where a lot of our misspent youth was spent....the Chimes Pool Hall , thinking we were cool, drinking beer and shooting pool !

They may have sent you a free one but an 8 ball would still be really cool !
Gary

AZ Pete
08-25-2016, 11:27 PM
I drilled a golf ball for my CoAx home made short handle. Works fine just pressed on.

DougGuy
08-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Ebay for a vintage Hurst shifter handle from back in the glory days of the big block Chevelle SS 396!