PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service

Andy
07-13-2016, 10:50 PM
I wanted to give an endorsement for RCBS customer service. Over the last couple years as I have set up for reloading I have on occasion bought an RCBS item that is missing a part. Three times now I have called RCBS to get a replacement part for various items (anywhere from $5-40 in value) and each time they have sent it out insisting that it be free of charge, not even charging for shipping, even after I tell them that I bought it used, knowing the thing was missing, and would like to pay for it.

The third time I downright insisted to pay for it and they told me that's just not how they work, only after I offered to at least pay the shipping did the gentlemen consent that if I wanted to mail them a check for $5 to offset shipping (this is for the $40 item that certainly cost more than $5 to ship), that that would be okay but I shouldn't feel like I had to do that.

I have always heard of their customer service being great but for them to emphatically insist on replacing missing parts for free for a non-original owner, I really feel like that is over the top customer service and will be buying from them any time I can to support that type of loyalty to their customers.

I think a company only sets this kind of policy when they are run by genuinely upright people who stand behind their product as if their personal name is at stake behind it, and I hope that type of leadership stays in place in the company.

VHoward
07-13-2016, 11:44 PM
I've had the same from RCBS. Dillon also does the same.

beechbum444
07-14-2016, 02:42 AM
I'm in the process of dealing with RCBS. The small primer pocket uniformer snapped in half while I was using the trim mate. The piece had an allen screw to replace the bit. I called and spoke to them and they insisted that I send it back to them to be reset at the factory...we'll see...