PDA

View Full Version : Remington's New Pee Wee Popper.

Hickory
07-13-2016, 08:02 PM
This little shooter seems a little pricy, but so are a lot of things nowadays.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/rm380/rm380

Tatume
07-14-2016, 07:40 AM
"KEY FEATURES: Fully Functional Slide Stop"

Hmmm.

richhodg66
07-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Seems like the market has already been saturated with tiny .380 guns for CCW and several of them do what they do as well as it can be done from what I hear. Why would a company even try to get in on that action at this point, I wonder?

Half Dog
07-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Its been my experience that the little ones have poor trigger action; but it is cute.

pietro
07-14-2016, 09:18 AM

I'll just stick with my tried/true .380 Browning Model 1955, thanks.

https://s26.postimg.org/vyh03r189/DSCN1692.jpg

EMC45
07-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Nice Browning and nice Spyderco.

fecmech
07-14-2016, 09:54 AM
IMO hard to beat the Ruger LCP's and Keltec's.

gnostic
07-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Remington doesn't have a good reputation for quality handguns. Why not pick-up a PPK and be done with it?

izzyjoe
07-14-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm not fond of my pinky finger hanging off the end, I've shot a friends Kel tec, and I didn't care to much for it. I'd rather have little larger frame, more to hang on to.

Tatume
07-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Remington doesn't have a good reputation for quality handguns. Why not pick-up a PPK and be done with it?

Maybe that explains why they have to advertise that the controls work?

justashooter
07-14-2016, 10:57 AM

I'll just stick with my tried/true .380 Browning Model 1955, thanks.

https://s26.postimg.org/vyh03r189/DSCN1692.jpg

about the same as my Remington 51.

izzyjoe
07-14-2016, 04:12 PM
I really like the makarov size pistol.

Earlwb
07-14-2016, 07:32 PM
I would have gotten one of those a while back, but they were sold out at the time. I got a S&W Bodyguard instead. Both guns are great though. They are small and light in weight. You almost forget you have it on you. I like using the pocket holster and put it in my pocket. But have have used the inside the pants belt holster too. They are pretty much invisible to anyone if you don't tell them about it.

kingstrider
07-14-2016, 07:50 PM
That's cute, should fit in your purse just fine.

Blackwater
07-14-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm afraid I'll be waiting to see the reports from real users. Rem. just hasn't instilled confidence in me about their guns lately, and when one or more lines fail, it's often if not usually an indication that mgt. doesn't really know what they're doing.

For one thing, as has been mentioned, tiny pocket pistols are a dime a dozen now, and to come out with one at a high price, when the Sig is SO good, is kind'a an indication that the mgt. is following current trends, and that usually happens when mgt. doesn't REALLY know or understand the market. If that's so, I have little to recommend my trying one unless and until I read raving reviews from real users, and NOT in the glossy mags. I quit trusting the glossy mags years ago, and haven't subscribed in a long time now. Why pay for advertising??? Just doesn't make sense to me. Even though I've lost touch with some of the stuff in the marketplace. I can handle that. I have more guns than I'll ever need already.

Big business has come to be run by idjits who THINK they know everything worth knowing. I miss the old days when mgt. doubted, and asked lots of questions in many of the right places before even beginning development, and got good advice rather than PC lauding from their "advisors." I just think we've lost our way and don't remember or know how to get back. I guess that makes me a real curmudgeon, but ... if the shoe fits ........

JeffG
07-15-2016, 12:38 AM
I really like the makarov size pistol.

Same here, must be why I have 3 of them, wishing for another. These Bulgarian Mak's recently showing up in unused condition are making it hard to say no.

Mk42gunner
07-15-2016, 12:52 AM
I've seen one, it didn't seem bad; but like most others, I want to wait to see some real world reports before I spend my money. I am going to go to the nearest indoor range to see if they have one to shoot, maybe that will help make up my mind.

Some reports mention the "heavy trigger," then go on to say it is around ten pounds. Kind of makes me wonder if any of them ever shot a J Frame S&W or small Taurus revolver double action. The one I had in my hands had a long smooth pull that wasn't overly heavy for pocket guns of this type.

Robert

w5pv
07-15-2016, 07:20 AM
I like my Sig's,380 and 9mm

FergusonTO35
07-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Remington doesn't have a good reputation for quality handguns. Why not pick-up a Glock 42 and be done with it?

Fixed it for ya!![smilie=s:

Walkingwolf
07-15-2016, 11:25 AM
I like my Sig's,380 and 9mm

I don't own any Sig's but they are a very high quality firearm, just a little pricey. I would buy one in a heartbeat if my wife would not beat me in the head with it. She thinks I have two many guns, but I probably have less than most gun people.

SSGOldfart
07-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Seems like the market has already been saturated with tiny .380 guns for CCW and several of them do what they do as well as it can be done from what I hear. Why would a company even try to get in on that action at this point, I wonder?
I'd guess they see a market for them,with the upcoming elections,they may be a whole new crop of CCW,and the current situation with BLM ****

bgw45
07-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Since the LCP is not rated for +P ammo I hope this is built a little stouter. It would seem that this pistol will compete with the LCP.

Walkingwolf
07-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Since the LCP is not rated for +P ammo I hope this is built a little stouter. It would seem that this pistol will compete with the LCP.

Not sure if +P 380 is actually +P since there is no SAAMI rating for +P 380. But I have heard/seen posts of LCP owners shooting Buffalo Bore in theirs.

Drm50
07-15-2016, 11:00 PM
A lot of CCWs are buying guns to big and to heavy. After novelty wears off they start not carrying
it. So a small 380 lightweight makes sense for most people. The gun is for personal defense, not a commando attack. A 380 in your pocket is worth more than two 45s at home.
The 3 most junky pistols I have encountered recently (1) Kaltecs (2) SIG 22Lr (3) Rem 1911s.
i was really disappointed with the SIG. The Rem 1911s hade some of the crudest internal machine
work that I have ever seen. I have no experience with Rem 380. I am wheel gunner but have a
nice PP that I will carry, and know I have a dependable gun.

FergusonTO35
07-16-2016, 04:55 PM
A lot of CCWs are buying guns to big and to heavy. After novelty wears off they start not carrying
it. So a small 380 lightweight makes sense for most people. The gun is for personal defense, not a commando attack. A 380 in your pocket is worth two 45s at home.

Agreed 100%. If you have a gun, any gun, you are well ahead of most people on planet Earth.

Scharfschuetze
07-17-2016, 01:25 AM
I hope that it functions better than their attempt at a pistol a couple of years ago.

I'll have to compare it to my Mauser HSc pistol. I would like something a bit lighter than the HSc for my daily jogs. The new Remington weighs only 12 some ounces compared to the 25 or so ounces of the HSc. At some point though, a weapon needs to be useful and not just easy to carry. Perhaps Remington has nailed it with this one.

victorfox
07-17-2016, 02:05 AM
I don't know i'd have a bersa thunder over it any day if I was on the market for a .380... thunder plus that is.

fecmech
07-17-2016, 03:57 PM
At some point though, a weapon needs to be useful and not just easy to carry.
I think the ruger LCP and KelTec p3AT for me fill that niche. Both are light enough to be no problem for pocket carry but they do require practice to be proficient with them. The guns themselves are accurate but due to the light weight and da trigger, practice is required if you want to hit what you're shooting at under pressure.

Groo
07-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Groo here
Rem bought out Robaugh.
That is an R9s in 380 [ robaugh designed for export] with a few mods [ slide lock and side mag release]
If Rem stayed with the original lock work then the trigger should be smooooooth.
I have a Robaugh 9mm verson and it is the smallest lightest 9mm around.
But It KICKS!!!!!!!!!!

FergusonTO35
07-17-2016, 08:53 PM
I have an LCP and it is very accurate. Carry it with 2.8 grains Bullseye/Lee 356-102-2R at a chrono'd 820 fps. Quick trick: use automotive touch up paint to color the front sight. You would be amazed at how much easier and faster sighting becomes.

NavyVet1959
07-17-2016, 09:08 PM
IF I was wanting to add a .380 to my collection, it would be one of these:

http://www.handgunsmag.com/files/2012/11/Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite_001.jpg

But, quite frankly, I don't see myself carrying something that small. If I'm legally carrying, there are plenty of 9x19 handguns that will work for me and if I'm carrying in a location that does not respect the Constitution (e.g. NYC), I have one of the NAA .22 mag revolvers. You can't get much more concealable than one of those.

But, I'm in Texas... And I'm headed to the airport now to pick up my wife and I'm open carrying a G20, but I'll have a vest with me in case we end up stopping some place on the way back that has a 30.07 sign on their door.