PDA

View Full Version : Contender grip request

Ohio Rusty
07-13-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm looking for the early style T/C contender grip that has the square plate on the bottom (pic attached). That grip is a bit smaller in size compared to the later grips and I think this grip would be a better fit in my wife's hand for her contender. If anyone is at a gun show and you see one of these early style walnut grips laying on a table, buy it, email me and I'll send you the money and shipping for the grip.
Nothing like networking to try and find what you are looking for.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate it !!
Ohio Rusty ><>

LUCKYDAWG13
07-13-2016, 06:18 PM
Hey if you can't find your grip set here look on http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums lot's of
good folks there that may have what you need ( networking )

tdoyka
07-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Hey if you can't find your grip set here look on http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums lot's of
good folks there that may have what you need ( networking )

x2 for that one!

Ohio Rusty
07-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder for that link. I am a member on that list also and posted a request and picture. I appreciate it !!
Ohio Rusty ><>

Leadmelter
07-13-2016, 08:24 PM
I would have to sort thru some stuff. Those grips were so small for my hands, I went to Pach's.
I will let you know if I find them.
Leadmelter
MI

Ohio Rusty
07-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks Leadmelter ... they are a tad small for me also but my wife said they were perfect for her. She held a contender with that grip at a gun show and loved the grip. The owner wouldn't sell the grip off the gun he had for sale. I also have wheel weights to trade if you want some of those. I was just up in Michigan last weekend ... -- Madison Heights north of Royal Oak.
I hope you find the grip !!
Thanks again ...
Ohio Rusty

Leadmelter
07-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Ohio Rusty
That is near me.
Will send a PM when I see what I have!
Leadmelter
MI

leadman
07-15-2016, 03:35 AM
Might try Ed's Contender on the internet. He does have some used stuff I was told.

LUCKYDAWG13
07-17-2016, 01:02 PM
I just saw this set up for sale will pm you a link 172433

45-70 Chevroner
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm looking for the early style T/C contender grip that has the square plate on the bottom (pic attached). That grip is a bit smaller in size compared to the later grips and I think this grip would be a better fit in my wife's hand for her contender. If anyone is at a gun show and you see one of these early style walnut grips laying on a table, buy it, email me and I'll send you the money and shipping for the grip.
Nothing like networking to try and find what you are looking for.
Thanks in advance. I appreciate it !!
Ohio Rusty ><>
Rusty.
I have the grip you are looking for. pm sent

Tenbender
07-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Wow !! Those went extinct when an astroid hit the yucatan peninsula.

SSGOldfart
07-21-2016, 10:41 PM
You should also check www.GBO.com

Ohio Rusty
07-23-2016, 08:25 AM
I think we are good to go now. Thanks all ..