PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 40gr Standard Velocity .22's 500 pack

farmersamm
07-13-2016, 02:20 PM
I thought I'd drop a dime on these when I saw them at Atwoods. 49.99

I'm not fond of imported ammo. Usually find something wrong with it.

Sort of the same here. I'm having ejection problems with the Rossi Plinker, and the cylinder starts to drag real heavy after about the 6th round (case heads are expanding, and riding against the shield). Two cylinders full, and have to use a jackhammer to get the cases out, and there's a ton of trash left in the chambers. Trash includes circular lead shavings, and brass particles. There is also lead on the outside of the cases, just behind the mouth.

Heritage Rough Rider digests them like all other ammo. Flawlessly, no problems removing spent cases. Same amount of trash left in the chambers though, and lead on outside of case mouth.

+1 for American handguns, +1 for American ammo (all US made stuff runs perfectly thru both guns). Thumbs down on import ammo again.

To be fair (I guess), the Rossi is finicky. Hates anything beyond 1300fps, or slightly below. But for what they get for them, they shouldn't be ammo prima donna's.

I'd say......take a pass on the Armscor, unless you have something that will eat garbage, and come up with a smile.

IMHO

Jack Stanley
07-14-2016, 09:43 PM
My experience with Armscorp rim fire ammo is that I wouldn't pay ten bucks for five hundred rounds . Bullets could be pulled for casting into something useable ........... powder for the lawn .............

Jack

crowbuster
07-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Gotta go with mr. Stanley on this one. 22 mags were so hot my semi auto was ripping the rim clear off trying to extract them. nuff of that for me. pass.