PDA

View Full Version : Moose Moulds

dromia
07-13-2016, 04:59 AM
Any one know if this company is still in business? I have sent them repeated emails over the past couple of weeks about purchasing some moulds but have had no reply.

I am after Sharps paper cartridge ringtail bullet moulds, anybody else besides Moose moulds cutting this design?

Dan Cash
07-13-2016, 07:34 AM
I think Accurate http://accuratemolds.com makes what you are looking for.

Chill Wills
07-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Any one know if this company is still in business? I have sent them repeated emails over the past couple of weeks about purchasing some moulds but have had no reply.

I am after Sharps paper cartridge ringtail bullet moulds, anybody else besides Moose moulds cutting this design?

Steve Brooks makes them.
NEI did back in Walt's day. I don't know about the son-in-law...
Check with Old West Bullet Molds
Check with Shiloh to see who they use

Maybe a few others I am not clicking on right now

montana_charlie
07-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Pedersoli shows that mould on their website in two diameters.

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-accessorio.asp/l_en/idpr_420/pre_0/accessories-professional-bullet-moulds-block-with-1-cavity--paper-cartridge-bullets.html

The offering from NEI is their #390

http://www.neihandtools.com/catalog/560-500-SH.jpg

dromia
07-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Thank you for the replies.

Accurate won't do pointy noses.

Pedersoli moulds are very hard if not impossible to get over here.

What is NEI's quality like nowadays? I had big issues with their moulds and the company a few years ago.

Chill Wills
07-13-2016, 05:29 PM
I have no reason to think the smart $^%# son-in-law has changed his ways any. Too bad too. I used to buy a lot from NEI.

I think Brooks or one of the other makers would do a good job. As well as being a first rate mold maker, Brooks is top dollar and I know that can be an issue if you don't plan to use the mold very much. Can you get a Pedersoli locally so you do not have so much shipping plus however much import (if that applies)?

tja6435
07-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Lbt should be able to make that mold for you.

hp246
07-14-2016, 12:28 AM
Check your PMS.

varsity07840
07-14-2016, 08:46 AM

As far as I know, they're doing fine. They were probably very busy with the N-SSA Spring Shoot.
The Pedersoli ringtail is a very heavy bullet and the base will not fit Charlie Hahn's tubes if you intend to go that route. You might want to go to www.n-ssa.net and ask about Moose on their
forum. They're sure to know if something is going on with them. BTW, I have one of their flat base Sharps moulds and am very happy with it.

Rebel Dave
07-14-2016, 12:03 PM
Also, on the N-SSA site, you could post a want to buy add, for that mold. Some one might have one they no longer use. They shoot sharps in competition in the N-SSA. Just a thought.

Rebel Dave

dromia
07-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Thank you for all the replies, I finally received a reply from Moose Moulds today!