PDA

View Full Version : Be it ever so humble...

TXGunNut
07-13-2016, 01:03 AM
There's no place like home! Just finished a 2800 mile trip to Cody with stops in Raton on the way up & back. Been over a week since I slept in my own bed. Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Freightman in Amarillo (again!), Uncle Jimbo in Cody, and BrentD in Raton earlier today. Very glad I stopped in Raton to look up Brent, on the next range they were practicing for the Rocky Mountain PPC Nationals. I've shot that match a few times, even ran the line for a couple of years after I quit shooting. Got to see lots of folks I haven't seen in years on top of meeting folks I've only talked to online. Wonderful trip!
The purpose of the trip (besides to shoot a certain white buffalo) was to attend the Winchester Arms Collectors' Assn show in Cody and spend a little time in the Cody Firearms Museum. Met lots of great WACA folks, bought a few rifles, parts, lots of books and a bit of WACA SWAG. Somewhere along the trail I managed to shoot a few rounds of trap.
Came home a few hours ago broke and needing to do laundry. At least I can do something about the laundry, lol.

smokeywolf
07-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Sounds like a great trip. Wish I could make one more trip to Cody before I move East.

Wayne Smith
07-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Welcome home! LOML won't let me break myself on guns or anything else, she is a genius with money and discipline!

w5pv
07-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Home sweet home

Half Dog
07-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Pictures please.

DLCTEX
07-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Next time coming through on I 40 give me a shout and I'll meet you in Shamrock for coffee, lunck, or dinner.

Rufus Krile
07-13-2016, 02:13 PM
I trust you bought the T-shirt... Folks, the white buffalo he's talking about is 1123yds downrange. And a LOT of fun with a 45/70. Takes 3 seconds for the bullet to get there and another 3 for the sound to get back... time for a snack and a short nap. The first trip I tried it I could not get my come-ups right and never did connect. Years 2 and 3 went a lot better after doing some research. With a 45/70, the top of the bullet path is more than 100' above line of sight. It'll give you more perspective of the Billy Dixon shot, if nothing else.