PDA

View Full Version : Levin TV. Anyone Watching?

jonp
07-12-2016, 08:15 AM
I watched the 1st show since it was free and i also think Levin is pretty sharp on the law but have not watched one since. Is anyone watching and what do you think?

Traffer
07-12-2016, 12:38 PM
I like Levin. He kind of got off track with emotions over Trump for a while there but he is a brilliant man. I would watch his show if I wanted to throw money at something like that. I listen to him on the radio (used to more often than now). My thinking these days is that this world is getting so bad so fast, (and my idiot friends are always arguing with me) that I find listening to the reality of what is going on too depressing/angering. I have said my peace and argued my opinion on facebook till I am blue in the face....just cant handle it anymore.

Char-Gar
07-12-2016, 12:42 PM
I think he is an angry profane man who often spins the law and facts to suit his goals. He is neither reasonable nor rational.

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Char-Gar, I love ya' bro', but I'm not sure where you get that from him. He surely seems to know history to a depth that most commentators could never equal. And he's always struck me as well considered before speaking. And give me a man of passion any day! Kings David and Solomon were two of God's favorite people ever, and both were willful, but they were passionate, both when they followed Him and when they strayed.

It's long struck me as something God appreciates - simple passion. And Levin definitely believes what he says when he says it. I've seen him correct his past statements before, so I know he's also not too proud or obstinate to learn and modify his stance as he goes, at least normally. He's a man like the rest of us, and subject to err, but he puts forth a LOT of effort to NOT err. Being human, he can't help it occasionally, but I'll take him before I will what most commentators will come up with in their entire lives. I like Levin, even if I disagree with him at times. He sets things forth simply so the "average Joe" can understand it, and I think that's wise in this day and time. But to each his own, of course.

Hamish
07-12-2016, 02:50 PM
I think he is an angry profane man who often spins the law and facts to suit his goals. He is neither reasonable nor rational.

This genuinely surprises me and immediately makes me wonder what I'm missing. I heartily agree that his profane name calling is wholly unecessary, but, his platform has alway seemed sound.

jmort
07-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Love Levin. Smart, funny, and acerbic.

Char-Gar
07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Dear Friends...The media types be they broadcast, digital or print have one goal and that is to build an audience. This audience will in turn enable them to enrich themselves.

These days there is media on the hard left and media on the hard right. Both of these exclude facts and gather other facts. When these cherry picked fact are gathered, they are presented and pointed to, saying "There I told you so". These facts are selected to reinforce what the audience wants to hear.

The media on all sides are truth whores. The truth is modified, packaged and sold just like a woman's body in a crib. I do not intend to parse, delineate and debate the selected facts Levin uses to draw his conclusion. I will say that in a world of media whores, Levin is one of those leading the pack.

If he feeds and reinforces your beliefs, then that is OK with me. However, if you are trying to understand the truth about the world we live in, you won't be helped in that endeavor by Mark Levin. All you will get is a far right view based on selected facts. If you find that palatable, then so be it. To me Levin is as detestable as those on the far left.

jmort
07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Crazy idiotic comments regarding The Great One as usual.

Geezer in NH
07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Never heard of him and that seems good to me.

marlin39a
07-12-2016, 05:00 PM
I can't stand the sound of his voice. Worse than Hillarys.

Echo
07-12-2016, 06:10 PM
I've maintained for decades that there are those among us who will tell us a Truth, hoping we will infer a Lie. For example - my GF mentioned that research showed that people who use liquid soap use ELEVEN times as much soap as people who use bar soap. I wouldn't be surprised that if one weighed a soap bar, washed their hands with it, weighed it again (to the nearest tenth of a grain), than washed their hands using the same technique with a liquid soap, they might find that sure enough, they used 11 times as much (by weight) of the liquid soap as the bar soap.
BUT.
Liquid soap consists mainly of water, with a small amount of soap in there. My guess is that the actual amount of soap used in both instances is about the same. The Truth that 11 times as much liquid soap is used as bar soap, may be true, but that Lie is that liquid soap is wasteful. Not necessarily so...

mold maker
07-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Whether you lean to the left or right, you have to hear the other side of an argument to arrive at the middle. If fed only the agenda of one side, you will form your opinion based on only half the subject at hand.
Maybe you don't like what Mark says, but you owe it to yourself, to listen to ALL before make up your mind.
But than, what do I know, I've only survived 74 years, sheltered in small town USA.

jonp
07-12-2016, 06:41 PM
His book "Men In Black" is required reading for insight on SCOTUS.

To say he is "neither reasonable nor rational" is a stupid comment.

So, anybody watching?

MT Gianni
07-12-2016, 07:14 PM
I've maintained for decades that there are those among us who will tell us a Truth, hoping we will infer a Lie. For example - my GF mentioned that research showed that people who use liquid soap use ELEVEN times as much soap as people who use bar soap. I wouldn't be surprised that if one weighed a soap bar, washed their hands with it, weighed it again (to the nearest tenth of a grain), than washed their hands using the same technique with a liquid soap, they might find that sure enough, they used 11 times as much (by weight) of the liquid soap as the bar soap.
BUT.
Liquid soap consists mainly of water, with a small amount of soap in there. My guess is that the actual amount of soap used in both instances is about the same. The Truth that 11 times as much liquid soap is used as bar soap, may be true, but that Lie is that liquid soap is wasteful. Not necessarily so...
I still know that a jar of liquid soap last three times as long as a bar of soap at our house. Pretty sure that leavin is used as yeast but don't know about any of the rest of this, nor do I seem to have missed much. I remember being told as a youth by an owner of a large Dairy Conglomerate, [Uncle was twice president of the American Dairy Assn] that one quart of cows milk was injected into baby rats and they all died. This proved that cows milk was bad for babies. An actual funded study. His point was that "Facts" and "figures" can be twisted any way and often are. Get your info from two or three TRUSTED scources and if they are not the same find out why. If someone is in the media trying to make $$$ or a name for themselves, that eliminates them as a trusted scource, IMO.

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Char-Gar, there is truth in what you said, but there's also a dose of cynicism as well. I accept the truth in it but reject the cynicism part. No matter what field you enter, there's good and bad in it, genuine and the fakers and pretenders. To think they're all fakers and pretenders is to deny mankind his basic nature. Sure, they DO in fact exist, but Levin doesn't really seem to be one of those. If his manner and "name calling" offends you or your sensibilities, that's fair. But some folks are always just what they are, and say what they think, and are passionate about it, which is why some have a following.

There are some I just don't like, and can't make myself like if I wanted to, like Alam Colms, and a few of the smarmy democratic hoity toity types who are nothing BUT pretenders because they don't have the will or motivation to THINK, and instead, just adopt "positions" when they titilate their titilators. I'm an ol' country boy, and pretentiousness in any form and to any degree is pretty disgusting to me. If people can't or won't do their own thinking for themselves, and state exactly what they believe, I just can't give much regard to what they say. Levin is well educated, well reasoned and consistent, and he's passionate about what he says and believes. That's the kind of thing I can appreciate, even when I might disagree with him. It's SO much better to know where a man stands, than to just know what he's said. With Levin, you know where he really stands. And I have a couple of his books, and his thought patterns are clinically straight and as pure as any we're likely to find in the news and commentary business these days. That's my assessment, after listening to him for a number of years now, when I get a chance to, and after reading 3 or 4 of his books. I like the guy, but of course, that doesn't mean you have to too.

Most of us like our "news" to have a certain flavor and texture. That's why we have so many commentators, and each has a following. With our nation being so factionalized and fractionalized, how could it really be any different. Dad always watched Huntley-Brinkley instead of Cronkite. He was an old Marine and didn't like some of Cronkite's more wishy-washy stances, and acted accordingly. But even so, those were the two major sources of news back then, and they were all held to a standard. Nowadays, we can't even come up with ANY standard for them, so how could we have anything different than what we do now? I can't stand watching CNN, or MSNBC. Just won't do it. I do not enjoy the liberals' side on Fox, but at least they're the closest thing available to "fair and balanced," even if I don't care any more about what the libs think or say, other than its effect on the "low-info voters."

With Levin, what you see is what you get, and I respect that much even when I disagree with him, or don't particularly like how he says it. But that's just me, of course, and each of us has our preferences and likes, and our dislikes. (yawn) What else is new?

BrassMagnet
07-12-2016, 09:55 PM
I like Levin.
I subscribe to Levin TV.
I have been too busy lately to listen, but I will get caught up.
I find the best time for me to listen is when I am pedaling on my exercise bike.

kayala
07-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Don't give a squat about him (definitely not paying to hear him mumble). Sometimes listen to him returning from range. His stance on Trump was funny - he jumped out of his skin to back up "any other establishment
candidate"...

TXGunNut
07-13-2016, 12:13 AM
I like him but my BP medicine only allows about an hour a day of his pontificating. I don't watch TV except on rare occasions and won't make an exception for his show.

Hamish
07-18-2016, 03:57 PM

Charles, I've been making it a point to listen to him since you posted this. The nonsensical tirades become increasingly apparent,,,,,,

Handloader109
07-18-2016, 09:10 PM
He comes on after another loud pretty obnoxious guy, Micheal savage, I can't listen to either.....

w5pv
07-19-2016, 11:24 AM
They took his spot off the air here,but show biz is show biz

Duckiller
07-19-2016, 10:09 PM
When he uses a reasonable voice level I can stand him, when he shouts, which is often, I turn to classic music stations. Don't believe everything he says. I may be becoming a more critical listener or he is getting farther from the truth of late. Haven't watched Levin TV but do occasionally listen to his radio show.