PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 7/12

rl69
07-12-2016, 06:40 AM
But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”Matthew 4:4 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

square butte
07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Amen - Thanks rl

Pine Baron
07-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Thank you rl. Amen.

buckwheatpaul
07-12-2016, 08:47 AM
That is the reason for .... if it is quoted that if Jesus is on your heart than his teachings will be on your lips..... Jesus was right......AMEN

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 12:05 PM
That verse always seems to remind me that we need to put on "the whole armor of God," also. We can't pick and choose our way through the scriptures, obeying some and ignoring others. It's the whole ball of wax or it's nothing! And that's the hard part about following Christ. It's so difficult sometimes to really discern His will from ours, but mostly, it's because we haven't "studied to show thyself approved," I think, or haven't been Christian long enough, and had enough experience with it to realize fully what it really is.

Yet another reason why I think being genuinely humble is one of the key elements in a mature Christian. The world around us encourages us to be willful and cynical. Only Christianity it seems, now promotes humility, study and reflection. The world around us seems to be getting ever more willful and cynical. It's really hard not to notice the difference.