PDA

View Full Version : Need a good holster cheap?

Blackwater
07-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Shooters is having a sale on Blackhawk holsters. I've never used one, but those I know who have like theirs. Here's a link:

http://www.bullets.com/search?q=(categoryid:786)+AND+(brand:Blackhawk)&email=blkwtrga@yahoo.com&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=071116_blackhawk_box1

I've ordered some El Passo Saddlery leather holsters from them, and belts, and they've always been quick to ship and I've had no complaints, FWIW. I think they've pretty well sold out of the Old El Passo stuff, though. Thought some of you might find these deals attractive in filling a need you might have.

KA0811
07-12-2016, 07:56 AM
I have also ordered some El Paso stuff. 1911 summer special and Belt can't beat the belt prices.. was $35 for a leather CCW belt. Good stuff. They are starting to sell out but there's still about 150 diff el Paso holsters.

Blackwater
07-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Amen! I got two ctg. belts, .38 and .44, and two of the simpler western high ride type holsters, both lined. Love the belts AND the holsters! Their holsters have a long enough strap that you can curl it up and out, so the heel of your hand can knock off the snap as your hand rises to grasp the gun. I really like that. It's been useful and I've been glad for it a few times. Bianchi no longer leaves the tab on the strap that long, and I used to be a devotee of the #1L for SA's, but now, El Paso has them beat. And the fit to the gun is amazing! Very tight, but once you leave the gun in it for an extended period, it relaxes and forms itself to the gun - a trait only leather has - and the gun almost jumps out of the holster once that's done. With the tag of the strap curled out, it makes for a very secure and PDQ rig. Add in those great gunbelts to carry some spare ammo (like at the river shooting gar and dogfish) and you've really got a very nice and pleasurable and effective and good looking rig. Pride of ownership is something that we all appreciate, even today, in our world of synthetics and black stuff that so many of us wear. And I know some of the synthetics have traits that surpass leather in some ways (nylon is good for the river, just in case I fall my now clumsy butt in!), but ..... darned if those leather goods don't move me like the synthetics just can't. Maybe it's the smell of good, well tanned fresh leather back when I was growing up, and got cap pistols every Christmas? That and the smell of a real tree still nearly make me swoon!

The Blackhawks have been some of the more impressive synthetic holsters I've had some experience with. And their cheaper price surely fits the ol' billfold better, too! Ya' pays yer monies an' takes yer choices. I actually like both, but my heart likes the leather the best, for the stated reasons, probably. Plus, they're silent, which can also be an asset in the woods. Being slower than I once was makes this extra meaningful to me these days.