PDA

View Full Version : Xd45 SWC

woodsxdragon
07-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Before I start in i don't have a stock xd barrel. I have a storm lake and a compensator hanging off the end of it. So no clue if it works with the factory.

I saw a couple of older posts about this issue but didn't want to necropost. Anyways I have two swc molds. Bullets are all sized at .452
Lee 45-190 swc older discontinued mold
Lee 45-200 TL swc
The 190 will not work no matter whatever I try. It will pass my lyman bench gauge flawlessly. Ive tried seating all the way down to 1.150 and it will never go into battery. Tried it with and without need fcd. Doesn't matter.
The 200 on the other hand will feed and fire seated between 1.190 and 1.20. no hang ups no chewed up brass no failures to eject. I'm started charge weight at 4.0 of bullseye and I'm currently up to 4.5. The Lyman book I have runs all the way up to 6.0 iirc so plenty of room.
Shot well. Pleasant recoil. Compensator didn't get too dirty. Accurate but I've never had an inaccurate load with that gun. For some reason the xd shoots great for me unlike glocks.

ReloaderFred
07-09-2016, 04:37 PM
If your aftermarket barrel has a short leade, then you may have too much exposed lead in front of the case mouth with the 190 gr. bullet. Something to check anyway.

Hope this helps.

Fred