PDA

View Full Version : 357 Max Brass Needed

Green Frog
07-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Per the title, I'm looking for some 357 Max brass for a friend's project. Did Starline™ ever make brass in the max length or is there another manufacturer out there? I've seen hints that Jamerson™ makes/made it, but I've seen mixed reviews on their rather expensive stuff... although they generally seem OK.

Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion as to where I can look for some reasonably priced 357 Max brass (perhaps a few hundred rounds?) I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards & TIA,
Green Frog

Hamish
07-09-2016, 12:44 PM
GF,

Reasonable? If you want it bad enough, there is Gunbroker. I am unaware of any new production sales other than third party. Hopefully someone here will fix you up.

(I'd love to give the folks at Starline a kick in the pants. There is tremendous call for Max brass but they're sticking with making Magnum.)

leadman
07-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Buffalo Arms has, or had the Jameson brass. I bought some recently and it seems to be of very good quality. Did you check Selling & Swapping on here? I was on several sites last night and saw some for sale by a member, might have been here or Greybeard Outdoors.

Buffalo Arms has it listed as Captech brand, $.50 each, ample supply. The guy on GB is higher on his price for Remington brand.

Ken TN
07-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Remington does a run about once a year...You might have your friend sign up at Midway or Grafs.com to be notified when it is in stock for his future needs.

I agree Starline could do a lot to help out and they have a great product. I'd be up for 500 from them. I have sent numerous e-mails to them for this round...Funny they have already started doing the 327Federal and it has a lot smaller following than the MAX but it is newer...

Ken AZ

Green Frog
07-15-2016, 03:25 PM
KenAZ, I think your last sentence about sums it up. Fortunately for me, I needed 327 FM, but I wish the 357 Max were also on their menu! :|

Froggie