PDA

View Full Version : I didn't see him, but George was here!

BrassMagnet
07-08-2016, 08:53 PM
I didn't see him, but George was here! I went to the Post Office to mail some packages. When I returned home, I found a real mess.

My Lyman H&I dies were scattered around on the floor. An avalanche had sent some boxes sliding across the floor! What a mess. I really needed to be putting stuff away, but I couldn't even move around in the mould shed without neatening up at least a little.

While putting stuff away, I found a MTM Ammo box I didn't recognize. It was a lot bigger then most of mine, green, and with a hinged lid. 348 Win said the head stamps, but it was much bigger than 35 caliber. I have seen 348 Win brass before. I had a bunch converted to 43 Spanish a while back. This was sure a lot shorter than 43 Spanish and almost as large in caliber.

41 Swiss center fire! Wow! I need that. How did George know I needed that? I found a nice big ziplock baggie with even more brass.

George sure is a great guy. Now I wonder what he carried away?

rmatchell
07-08-2016, 09:30 PM
sneaky sneaky that George

Bookworm
07-10-2016, 02:30 PM
And nobody is safe from him.

1989toddm
07-12-2016, 07:29 PM
.41 Swiss CF...that's a new one to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrassMagnet
07-12-2016, 08:16 PM
.41 Swiss CF...that's a new one to me!

41 Swiss is Rimfire. Ammo is unavailable.

An 1881 Swiss Vertelli bolt action can be easily converted from rimfire to center fire. Brass can be made from .348 Win or 8MM Lebel. It is easier to use the 8MM Lebel. Shorten, size, trim rather than shorten, size, turn on a lathe, trim.

A 41 Swiss CF can fire boolits for a 44 Mag (.429) and is about as powerful as a 44 Russian or maybe a light loaded 44 Spl.

1989toddm
07-12-2016, 08:56 PM
41 Swiss is Rimfire. Ammo is unavailable.

An 1881 Swiss Vertelli bolt action can be easily converted from rimfire to center fire. Brass can be made from .348 Win or 8MM Lebel. It is easier to use the 8MM Lebel. Shorten, size, trim rather than shorten, size, turn on a lathe, trim.

A 41 Swiss CF can fire boolits for a 44 Mag (.429) and is about as powerful as a 44 Russian or maybe a light loaded 44 Spl.

Sounds fun, but also sounds like a project for when the kids are gone and my time is not so precious. [emoji4]