PDA

View Full Version : Severe need burns

Preacher Jim
07-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Wilgen asks for prayer for coworker0f his wife's, father thought he was burning brush and burned house down has 60% of his body covered with burns and house destroyed. Family distraught.

big bore 99
07-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Prayers sent.

Blackwater
07-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Gee whiz, Jim! I'm so sorry to hear this! They'll be in my prayers. And BTW, my wife works at a Christian thrift store where they sell clothes and all other donations (it's surprising what they get in) at VERY low prices, MUCH cheaper than Good Will or the other, more "organized" places. And when something like this happens, they give whatever they have to the families free of charge. They might need to look into that, even if they don't like accepting charity. Very, very few can afford NOT to accept it in these type situations. Having clothes on their backs and food to eat really matters in these situations. My wife's shop also has a food bank, and pretty qualified folks who sort the real needs out from the gimme types. I'm sure someone in the area has something like that, and if not, one needs to be started. All sorts of folks drop in and occasionally make purchases. Many donate healthy amounts. One local businessman donated $1,000 in cash recently, and told them he didn't need a receipt, and to just use it to pay for whatever they needed to keep operating, paying the rent, etc. And it's surprising who comes in and donates stuff, including cash. Sometimes, it's the people you'd least suspect.

MaryB
07-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Prayers and should we start a donation thread for them?

shoot-n-lead
07-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Prayer sent.

square butte
07-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Prayer sent up

buckwheatpaul
07-07-2016, 06:49 AM
Father please watch over and heal this man that was severely burned. He is suffering and needs the healing that only You can grant. Please guide the physicians and providers to give him the pain relief and grace of life. AMEN

jmort
07-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Praying for all concerned

Pine Baron
07-07-2016, 08:18 AM
father please watch over and heal this man that was severely burned. He is suffering and needs the healing that only you can grant. Please guide the physicians and providers to give him the pain relief and grace of life. Amen
amen.

USMC87
07-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Heavenly Father we come asking You to comfort those affected, We ask that the pain would be managed and that You will be honored in this situation, In Jesus name Amen.

jcren
07-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Prayers sent

Hickok
07-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Father please watch over and heal this man that was severely burned. He is suffering and needs the healing that only You can grant. Please guide the physicians and providers to give him the pain relief and grace of life. AMENAmen.

woody290
07-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Prayers sent

DerekP Houston
07-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Father please watch over and heal this man that was severely burned. He is suffering and needs the healing that only You can grant. Please guide the physicians and providers to give him the pain relief and grace of life. AMEN

I can't think of anything worth adding to this other than AMEN.

Boaz
07-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Lord this man and his family need you . Be there to help all overcome this tragedy . Stay close to them during this terrible time . Help them Lord to regain their lives again . In you name I ask . Amen

Blackwater
07-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Is the man being treated at a burn center, or just the local hospital? If he doesn't seem to be responding well to the local hospital, he might consider transferring to a real burn center. They deal with these specialized types of problem, and may be able to offer better treatment. Just a thought, but these things matter in these situations.

And Mary B has an outstanding idea! What sizes do they wear, and what could they use??? Can you find out for us? Most communities gather themselves together to do things like this, and here, the outpouring of help for these situations can almost get more aggrevating to the families than it is helpful, but it's always good to know there are so many willing to help out in whatever ways they can. Our local churches are pretty good locally, at getting word out about what's needed and what's not. After a catastrophe like this, people sometimes find themselves needing some alone time more than anything else in order to grieve their losses more effectively. But they always appreciate knowing they're not alone in it, too. It's a balancing act, really, for those who want to help.

Let us know if they need anything. I think we've all got clothes and maybe some money that I know would be appreciated. Losing almost all you have in a home fire or other such catastrophe is the most humbling thing that can happen to any of us. And in my experience, it's the old family pictures that burn up that wind up being the things missed the longest and most. It's like our memories have been taken away! And that's always a tough thing to face.

Prayers still up for them all.

w5pv
07-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Prayers sent know what they are going through except for the injuries.