PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a .pdf copy of the fire lapping instructions for the LBT fire lapping kit

fjruple
07-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Folks--

I have recently been given a LBT fire lapping kit without the instructions. Does anyone have the instruction in a .pdf format? Please PM me and I will send you my email address.

Thanks

--fjruple

44man
07-06-2016, 08:05 AM
I could scan it but have not got the new machine down pat yet. It is easy. Use a harder lead like air cooled WW's Put the abrasive on glass, I use some tool steel. Roll the boolits in the stuff with another plate.
Load with enough fast powder like BE to just poop the boolits out, you will see them shoot. I shoot at an electric pole across the yard, can see them and hear them hit. Use unsized brass and push the boolits in deep with your finger. I would have to look up for rifle brass, someone else will know. Just finding my instructions is not easy.
If I worry about throats I use a "Q" tip to put abrasive just past the forcing cone and shoot very slow boolits. Pain to remove the cylinder for every shot but it seems to work.