PDA

View Full Version : Scope Mount for CVA Inline ML

WRideout
07-02-2016, 11:52 AM
I want to put a scope on my CVA Buckhorn Magnum, and am looking at the Weaver 1 piece mount that is on Amazon. It's billed as a "Weaver 1-Piece Muzzleloader Ring and Base Integral Mount System." It's supposed to fit all major brands of ML rifle. Anbody have experience with one of these? I prefer something that is drop-in fit, needs no drill and tap. Thanks.

Wayne

koger
07-02-2016, 12:37 PM
There are several weaver type, as well as actual weaver 2 piece bases that will fit your inline. I have put several on for folks over the years, should bolt on, be sure and use loc tite, the blue kind, will hold screw secure but break loose if you need too. I would also get a good set of steel, weaver rings, med or high, to clamp on to the bases, you wont have any worries then. I will look around and see what # you need, get back to you, might even have a set of used ones.

WRideout
07-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Thanks, Koger. The ones I am looking at are the one piece; have rings already on them. I have never used Loctite for anything but I probably will this time.

Wayne

GREENCOUNTYPETE
07-05-2016, 11:52 AM
the beauty of amazon is if you see that the hole placement won't line up you send it back they have a spot right in your account for returns you just print the label.

I didn't use lock tite once ,after all it was just a 22 and the scope mount on the 10/22 rattled loose and marred the receiver everything gets lock tite

SSGOldfart
07-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Being a inline you should have any problem if it lines up like they say it will,I used a one piece for my Encore,but had to use high rings on others and I bent the hammer over just a little to clear the scope.

koger
07-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I believe I have the same gun, junked, rusted out, has weaver 2 piece base #418, on both bases. If you want them, I will send you them an screws for free! Buy a good set of steel rings, mediums, good to go!

WRideout
08-20-2016, 04:55 PM
I believe I have the same gun, junked, rusted out, has weaver 2 piece base #418, on both bases. If you want them, I will send you them an screws for free! Buy a good set of steel rings, mediums, good to go!
Koger, I just sent you a PM. I am interested in the bases. Thanks.

Wayne
PS sorry it took me a while to reply.

koger
08-21-2016, 12:00 AM
Pm answered, if I still have them they are yours for free!