PDA

View Full Version : Floods In WV

Hickok
07-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Remember the folks in southern WV who were in the recent floods, when you are in prayer. At last count the death toll was 24, but it varies day to day.

Entire towns have been devastated. One glimmer of hope, the people of the entire state are responding with help, food, water, cash and prayer. My home town as well as others are sending needed items.

Our area was hit hard in the flood of 1985, but this recent flood in southern WV is much worse.

Pine Baron
07-01-2016, 10:10 AM
My prayers for those effected. Glad to hear it did not get to you, Hickok, I was concerned my brother.
May God bring relief and comfort to those who have suffered so much. May He bring strength of heart to those in need and courage to those helping. In Jesus name. Amen

Preacher Jim
07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Hickok our prayers are there and soon disaster relief workers

Boaz
07-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Praying for relief all who have been affected . Glad you are ok .

Outpost75
07-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Please be wary of scams trying to solicit donations which impede the relief efforts.

Those wishing to make donations are referred to the web site: https://wvvoad.communityos.org/cms/home

Please specify (WV VOAD Disaster Relief Fund)

OrMail in Donations to:United Methodist Foundation

PO Box 3811
Charleston, WV 25338
Please specify (WV VOAD Disaster Relief Fund)

Hickok
07-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Good warning, Outpost.

Here locally, we know who we can trust, and that anything we give to help will get to those in need.

But there are always low-life scum that try to take advantage of these things.

Blackwater
07-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Prayers up. Floods are one of the most viscious plagues possible. Imagine everything you have being swept away and demolished totally, down to the paper clips at your desk. And those structures that still stand are full of mildew and all manner of noxious stuff, so they're gone as to being useful as well. There's no explosion, so it doesn't get the newsplay it deserves. It seems that without the "fireworks," nobody seems to care very much.

But the people of WV are a hardy folk, and God-fearing almost to a fault, so they'll get through it, no matter what. I know that's little consolation to them right now, and that's why they need our help and our prayers. Many are in great need.

Hickok
07-01-2016, 02:40 PM
171344My daughter had Guard duty and was staying in the town of Elkview WV when the area flooded. Thank the Good Lord she was staying at a place located on high ground, and was safe.
This is a picture of the road that washed out, isolating her and other people for a few days.

Here is a portion of the town of Elkview.

Boaz
07-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Hickok there will be a lot of folks with trouble . Praying for them . Thanks for posting the pictures , it brings it home. Glad your daughter is ok .

Blackwater
07-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Ironically, one of the most needed items in a flood is drinkable water! Many, back with Katrina, drank dirty water, got sick, and I heard a few actually died. Floods aren't given their due credit these days. As I said, no "bang" in them.

USMC87
07-01-2016, 10:42 PM
We have been praying for the victims of the floods, My cousins live in Greenbrier County and have saw massive damage as well as loss of life and homes. They said that the scammers have been there and a lot of people are spreading the word, Thanks Hickok for starting this well needed prayer thread!

MaryB
07-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Prayers for those in the way of floods, fires, tornadoes and all other natural disasters that you have no control over. A good friend of mine has one of the Black Hills fires 4 blocks away from his house. So far he has lucked out and the wind change has moved it away from him again...