PDA

View Full Version : Kimber82G

Taylor
06-30-2016, 07:15 AM
171262 Thought I would see what she like's.The lower right is about the same as the upper left.I'm glad she like's what I have the most of.

cuzinbruce
06-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Nice gun. I got a DCM one a while back. Massive stock on it. And fancy target sights.

Taylor
06-30-2016, 04:08 PM
Mine came with the Redfield peep and globe front.I replaced peep with a Weaver T36. I've had it for a year,first time I got to shoot it.The stock was bedded also.

country gent
06-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Mine really liked lapua center X but all did well Federal 911 match performed good also. Moet of these rifles from the cmp/dcm were never fired outside of the factory.

WALLNUTT
06-30-2016, 11:33 PM
They had a few used ones that they sold for $150! Crazy!

9.3X62AL
07-01-2016, 01:38 AM
I have a rather unusual Kimber 82G in the safe, much-modified by the seller prior to my purchase for rimfire benchrest competition. Barrel had been changed out to a truck-axle fluted 21" monster, barrel channel hogged out nicely in the OEM (I think) 82G "position" stock, action bedded, and 2 oz trigger. Safety is removed, scope rings were in place.

This was A Rifle That Needed A Home. 2 oz. trigger and no safety? Why, a child could injure self or others with such a thing......though a child that could heft this thing could likely also bear-hunt with a switch. Price was about what a bare Kimber rimfire action would go for, so what the heck? Kinda "rollin' the bones", but I operate a Home For Unwed Rimfires already, so there ya go.

I had a Leup 6x-18x sitting around in advanced boredom since its friend the Rem 788 x 22-250 was at the doctor's being re-barreled. The Leup and the Kimber were married (that 788 never solemnized their relationship), and off to the range site we all went for their honeymoon.

O. M. G. I got the scope and barrel into harmony in about a dozen rounds, and the 2-shotters I made at 25 yards were--at most--.25" across. This was with Mini-Mag 40 grain solids. Essentially through the same hole. 6 times, as I adjusted the reticle to steer hits to center.

Yeah, I was pretty jazzed. I moved things out to 50 yards, got back behind the stock and sent 5 more Mini-Mags at the upper left corner of the upper left black square, making a 1/2" rosette a little bit low and left of aimpoint. 5 more shots into the same aimpoint did not expand the rosette at all. My intent was to spend about an hour getting things dialed in......4 hours and 250 rounds later, I loaded my stuff into the truck as darkness was falling. Performance with 5 ammo types--from rat strafers like the CCI MM to Eley Sub-Sonic HPs--all shot tiny groups. This continued for several range trips. It was with mixed feelings that I removed the Leup 6x-18x from the 82G and re-installed it atop the 22-250 when it FINALLY returned from its interminable exile to Indiana.

I couple weeks back I stumbled onto a NIB Leup 12x/fixed with target knobs, adjustable objective, and mil-dot reticle. A lotta glass, for sure. Until something better comes along to put this scope on, it has shacked up with the 82G. I still need to sight it in--waiting for the heat to abate a bit for that.

Taylor
07-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Like you I had the T36 on an HR,which shot pretty well.But the 82 needed the Weaver.Now the HR still needs a scope...so a K15 was mounted,has not been shot since the 82G moved in.

Taylor
07-01-2016, 06:44 AM
I got this in on trade.Puke lime green,not sure what he was going for,rail on forearm,ghost ring sight.Pitiful!!
So I painted it a manly color,$3 flashlight,reddot 1X scope,and a pouch for ammo.Sling swivels and an M16 sling.The barrel and receiver were bad,no bluing or very little.I painted them with black appliance epoxy.Plus added 100 rounds to the inside of the stock for when the zombies attack.....and gave it to my daughter.

This thing actually shot pretty good.POI was right on the dot.

Savage 62

9.3X62AL
07-01-2016, 10:30 AM
"Bubba's" motives can sometimes be unfathomable.