PDA

View Full Version : Leatherwood M-1000 Scope Range

John Boy
06-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Can the M-1000 be calibrated to shoot 1000 meters?
If so - the procedure is ?
Thanks

country gent
06-29-2016, 12:36 PM
It can be done with most scopes but may require special scope blocks to accomplish. For NRA Long range we would set up the scope /rings with 20 mins elevation in the mounts. This took alot of the elevation out of the scopes adjustments and kept everything centered up better. The draw back to doing this is that the rifle may not "zero" at 100 or even 200 yds. Bufallo arms makes mount blocks for thier scopes with 30 mins 40 mins and 50 mins elevation in them. Its a simple change of the rear block for their malcomb mounts. Depending on ring spacing the blocks mounts hieght can be adjusted up to acheive this. I have been known to "adjust" the blocks after first zeroing to where the 100yd setting is at 1/2-2 mins from bottom giving me maximum elevation adjustment in the malcomb mounts. A little thing but it may make a diffrence in some conditions. My long range rifles were set up with 20 min bases for the same reason. Keeping reticle in center of field makes a clearer view. First zero the rifle at 100 or 200yds ( the closest you plan on shooting the rifle) Keep track of how many mins you are above center and How many mins the scopes elevation has each side of centered. Once zeroed you can figure amount of shim or aditional hiecht needed to zero close to bottom of range.

John Boy
07-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Country Gent - Thanks for the information