PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for today

Boaz
06-27-2016, 06:38 AM
I have quite a bit to do this week . Being overly compulsive it always seems like what I can get done moves in slow motion . You start out with a plan every mourning and between the weather , unforeseen problems , and other people you never reach that goal you set . Ordinarily at the end of the day I'm unhappy with the result or lack of result of my efforts . I'm pretty sure all here experience on a regular basis .

I keep having to remember GOD has a plan and it over rides our own . It's often hard to see how you fit into it .

Lord Give us patience and understanding . Though you work in our lives many times seems like an impedance or intrusion because of our personal goals it is part of the whole . Give us the insight and faith to work out our part the way you would have it done . Help us rely on you rather than ourselves . Stay close to us and help us be part of your plan . Thank you for the love and care you give . In your name I pray . Amen

Pine Baron
06-27-2016, 06:58 AM
Boaz, when you start out, always list the first task as something you've already accomplished. That way you can say, at least "SOMETHING" got done.
Heavenly Father, please give Boaz, patience, understanding and focus. Help him see your plan and follow it accordingly. In Jesus name. Amen.

BUCKEYE BANDIT
06-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Pine Baron,
Can I list TWO of them and take the day off,it's really hot here today:kidding:.I could also use more patience and understanding Lord,Amen.

square butte
06-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Lord help me to walk within your will today - Let my actions and words be pleasing to you

Preacher Jim
06-27-2016, 07:38 AM
Lord i set a lot of things I want to do. Then you take over and my things are secondary to your will for today. Lord thank you for guiding me to what you want and not letting me drift in my own plans. Take this day Lord and lead me to what you want and to whom I am supposed to deal with.
Amen

garym1a2
06-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Put at the top of your list as making your bed, than at least you accomplish something and will have a nice bed to sleep in when you failed all the other items.

Boaz, when you start out, always list the first task as something you've already accomplished. That way you can say, at least "SOMETHING" got done.
Heavenly Father, please give Boaz, patience, understanding and focus. Help him see your plan and follow it accordingly. In Jesus name. Amen.

EMC45
06-27-2016, 08:43 AM
Boaz, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord and he delighteth in his way"- Psalm 37:23

Boaz
06-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Good scripture and good advice .

buckwheatpaul
06-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Upon reflection, I seem to be in the same boat.....learning to turn it over to God is a very difficult thing .... especially when I have been in charge for so long....I believe that God referred to it as being stiff necked.....We are all a work in progress....recognizing our faults and turn it over to God makes life so much easier.....Great prayer and I appreciate it....Paul

Blackwater
06-28-2016, 07:10 PM
We all have plans of all types, long term, short term, and wishful thinking types. But when they conflict with God's plans, I'm thankful He lets His plans capture us first. He always knows better than we do. I once had great plans. Seems few of them worked like I'd planned them out to. And yet, now, I'm SO thankful God had HIS way rather than me having mine! Ain't it funny how that works? Kinda' lines up with what He told us so long ago, now, doesn't it?