PDA

View Full Version : Truck wheel weights

Taylor
05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
There was some discussion as of late about 18 wheeler wheel weights.In that they were of a different alloy.Does this hold true? If so,in what way?Reason being,I have just come into about 400 lbs of them. Do I treat them the same?Do I use them at all?Separte from the car weights?

WHITETAIL
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
:coffee:If they melt at 700 deg.. What ever does not melt skim off.

Tristan
05-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Truck wheelweights are posion!

Luckily, I'm in the business of Truck Wheelweight disposal. PM me your address, and I'll be right by to save you from the insidious materials in your garage...

[sorry, had to...]

- Tristan

pumpguy
05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I love truck WWs. I also love their stick ons. They are between 2 and 4 oz each of near pure lead. The clip ons can be as much as 12oz. The clip is bigger and therefore heavier, but, there is a lot less waste of steel to get that much lead with car clip ons.

quack1
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
I used to love truck and bus WW's. The several places locally where I got them free have gone to bags of some kind of powder(not lead, I asked) that they put in the tire before mounting it on the rim. Darn shame.

dmftoy1
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I got some that were as big as 16 oz. one time. It was nice because you could fill a pot pretty quick and not have to do much skimming. I wish I could get my hands on some more.

Have a good one,
Dave

bobk
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Some woman on ebay is selling truck weights. I bought 120#. Nice stuff.
Bob K

Taylor
05-21-2008, 06:45 AM
First off, Tristan, they are not in my garage. Motorcycle is. They are buried some 62 feet underground guarded by 63 dogs and 2 pigs. yeah right. So in other words... no issues,no variation in alloy,still good boolit metal? Thanks for the help. These made quite a trip,my friend lives in Ft. Smith Ark.,dropped them off to another friend somewhere in Missouri,who brought them to me in Tennessee. And.. will continue the process of gathering weights for me.Don't you just love good friends and free stuff?