PDA

View Full Version : It works for other things.

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Made couple light brackets for my new jeep and was going to paint them and figured id try this first. Cleaned them up real good and used electrical cleaner to degrease them and put them in a sheds container, shook them and baked for 20 minutes at 450. It took two coats but they look as good as something youd buy.

Pine Baron
06-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Come on Lloyd, you know the rules. If there's no pictures, it didn't happen!:kidding:

runfiverun
06-25-2016, 10:12 AM
yep get e'm back off that Jeep, strip them down, and start over.
I want step by step... Jeez, new guy's. :kidding:

Dragonheart
06-25-2016, 06:18 PM
It does work for other things and that is the reason I installed a 30" oven I picked up for $35 off Craig's List. I pre-heated Mr. Kitty to 400 degrees then sprayed with a high gloss black. The powder adhered and flowed on contact so I could actually see what it was going to look like. I then let it cool down then did the full cure at 10+ minutes at 400 degrees.

Lloyd Smale
06-26-2016, 07:26 AM
sorry guys but its on for the duration. I will say this. After two coats the finish looked deap and smooth and proably better then the bullets ive done. I use one of my small tumblers to coat bullets and this thing wouldn't fit in it and I didn't want to empty my big Dillon to use it so I just shook it in a sheds spread container but id bet if would have used the tumbler the second coat wouldn't even have been necessary.

Motor
06-30-2016, 06:55 PM
I did the pin and clip for my folding hitch haul. :)

Motor

DerekP Houston
06-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Next you'll be telling us lead wasn't designed for use in boolits ;). :kidding:

If I had a larger oven to bake in I would powder coat most of my outdoor tools, they rust real quick here. Thanks for the tip =)