PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Needs Your Prayers

buckwheatpaul
06-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Several weeks ago Rancher1913 got hurt by one of his cows and I prayed for him and pm'd him to make sure he is getting better...Praise God he is improving.....Today, We were working our cows and a 500 plus pound bull calf decided not to go through the tagging and fly tag route and hit the gate mrs. buckwheatpaul was closing and the gate hit her in the head and the bull calf ran over her....putting a hoof on her chest.....Thank God there was no broken bones and no stitches...but a 500 plus pound cow on your chest is no small issue.....I got her home and the doctor and nurses did a great job and told her that it will be several weeks before she will begin to feel really good.....Please pray for comfort and healing......Paul

smokeywolf
06-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Good grief Paul, take care of your Mrs. I've spent a bit of time around horses and cattle and sooner or later everyone gets hurt. But, it's dog-gone scary when it happens. Especially when it's our Mrs. or our child.

Might of figured it would be an adolescent bull that freaked out.

Prayers for your Mrs.

toallmy
06-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Praying she feels better soon , thank goodness she will be ok

gandydancer
06-21-2016, 08:55 PM
you got em for the lady Hopping she rest & gets well very soon.

Boaz
06-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Will pray for her Paul . What happened was not good but I'm really glad it wasn't worse . Prayer is in progress . Please keep us updated .

GhostHawk
06-21-2016, 09:29 PM
Done, get well soon!

MaryB
06-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Wow! Prayers she recovers! Watch for concussion signs! Headaches, blurred vision...

yancey
06-21-2016, 10:23 PM
Hey Paul, Prayers going out for both of you.

rancher1913
06-21-2016, 11:03 PM
well seeing as I know first hand what she feels like about now( the pain meds the docs give are probably starting to wear off) I most certainly will send prayers and can tell you they do work.

Artful
06-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Prayers sent for Her and the family - set a timer for the med's keep the blood serum level up - don't roller coaster waiting for the pain to hit before taking it.

jcren
06-22-2016, 12:49 AM
Been there. Prayers sent

shoot-n-lead
06-22-2016, 02:46 AM
Prayer sent.

William Yanda
06-22-2016, 04:09 AM
That calf needs an attitude adjustment. I can sympathize, got a hoof print high on my thigh once. Once was enough.
Lots of good advice already given. I will remember Mrs. Paul in prayer.

big bore 99
06-22-2016, 04:31 AM
Prayers sent.

BUCKEYE BANDIT
06-22-2016, 05:23 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent, makes us ALL reflect on how important our ladies are to us.May God bless and keep you both Paul.

Boaz
06-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Lord please help Paul's wife . Please speed her recovery and be with them both as they work through this .We look to you for your healing and guidance . Stay close Lord , thank you . In your name I ask it . Amen

Teddy (punchie)
06-22-2016, 06:24 AM
Praying for Paul's wife.

Pine Baron
06-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Lord please help Paul's wife . Please speed her recovery and be with them both as they work through this .We look to you for your healing and guidance . Stay close Lord , thank you . In your name I ask it . Amen

Amen.

jmort
06-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Praying for a full recovery

Preacher Jim
06-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Prayers for her healing and you as you nurse her back to health.

GoodOlBoy
06-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Praying for her, and for you buddy.

God Bless, and One Love.

Richard

brstevns
06-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Prayer being said this very moment and for rancher1913 as well

USMC87
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Mrs. Paul will be in our prayers, Please keep us updated.

castalott
06-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Sincere Prayers for Faith, Good Health, Improvement, Love, Mercy , Forgiveness , and Strength...

Dale

rl69
06-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Tell her we are glad she is ok

DLCTEX
06-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Praying for her. People that have no experience with cattle can't appreciate the power they have.

Bodydoc447
06-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Prayers sent

buckwheatpaul
06-23-2016, 07:06 AM
We went to her regular doctor yesterday. He said that her concussion would be a problem for a while, several days at least, and that I should closely monitor her. When she gets up she looses balance and her pupils still have not returned to normal. She feels pretty useless right now even though if the tables were turned she would be doing the same thing for me. She still needs our prayers. Thanks men and women of my Cast Boolits Family ..... I love you all! Paul

Boaz
06-23-2016, 07:58 AM
You both have my prayer for healing until this is done .

Lord be with Paul and his wife during her recovery . Bless and keep them . Let and help her recover quickly Lord and make their burdens light . Please help these faithful servants get back to normal as soon as possible . We love you Lord , We put our faith and trust in you . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

smokeywolf
06-24-2016, 06:03 PM
I know something about concussions. They're not to be taken lightly. Although she could be up and navigating the house pretty well in a few days, you need to watch her for a month or more.

They're all bad, but the worse ones have a tendency to cause you to have to focus and concentrate on simple things that you used to do 'on automatic pilot'; e.g., tying your shoes, inserting the right key, the right way in your front door, remembering which handle on the kitchen faucet gives 'HOT' and which one gives 'COLD'. A few weeks usually has people back to doing all these things automatically again. In the meantime everything requires a few extra seconds of forethought.

Der Gebirgsjager
06-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Done. May she recover fully and soon.

Thumbcocker
06-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Sent.

Bzcraig
06-24-2016, 09:57 PM
praying the doctors were wrong and she ill recover very shortly brother.

Boaz
06-25-2016, 05:17 AM
Father please help Paul's wife recover fully as quickly as possible . Stay with her and relieve her pain and soreness . Give her and Paul assurance and comfort . Thank you for being with them Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

w5pv
06-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Prayers sent

Pine Baron
06-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Father please help Paul's wife recover fully as quickly as possible . Stay with her and relieve her pain and soreness . Give her and Paul assurance and comfort . Thank you for being with them Lord . In Jesus name I pray . Amen

Amen.

Clay M
06-25-2016, 11:28 AM
I am sorry to hear about your wife.
I worked cows all my life, until I got out of the business about ten years ago.
The worst I dealt with were Longhorns.
Many close calls.

I will pray for a speedy recovery and no internal damage.

ClayM

buckwheatpaul
06-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, mrsbuckwheatpaul is still suffering from her concussion. Her pupils are still very small and she get dizzy when she stands up....If she is not better by Monday, we will be off to the doctor for another adventure. Thanks for the prayers and kind words. Paul

tdoyka
06-25-2016, 12:59 PM
prayers sent

Skinny
06-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Hickok
06-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Heavenly Father, we give you all praise and glory. We ask now as a group of believers in our Savior and Redeemer Christ Jesus for a complete healing of this lady from her injuries. Grant piece and comfort to her and her husband, Paul, as we as one pray to you Father in the name of Jesus, Amen.

sparky45
06-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Paul, not to be an alarmist but the Mrs. needs very close monitoring concerning the concussion as well as the contusions. Big time bruising can sometimes lead to blood clots, and those things are not good if they get intravascular. Prayers for the Mrs. and you as well Paul and hopefully the Mrs. constricted pupils will normalize quickly.

skeettx
06-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Prayers sent, may God smile on you and your and grant the Mrs. quick healing
Mike

buckwheatpaul
06-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Paul, not to be an alarmist but the Mrs. needs very close monitoring concerning the concussion as well as the contusions. Big time bruising can sometimes lead to blood clots, and those things are not good if they get intravascular. Prayers for the Mrs. and you as well Paul and hopefully the Mrs. constricted pupils will normalize quickly.

I check on her every 15 minutes or so.....Dont get very far from the home.....thanks for the heads-up... She has put up with me for 40 years in December.....

MaryB
06-25-2016, 11:43 PM
2 1/2 years since my car accident, I still have concussion related memory issues. Trouble finding a word even though I know the meaning etc... granted I bent the window frame on the car door with my skull...

I know something about concussions. They're not to be taken lightly. Although she could be up and navigating the house pretty well in a few days, you need to watch her for a month or more.

They're all bad, but the worse ones have a tendency to cause you to have to focus and concentrate on simple things that you used to do 'on automatic pilot'; e.g., tying your shoes, inserting the right key, the right way in your front door, remembering which handle on the kitchen faucet gives 'HOT' and which one gives 'COLD'. A few weeks usually has people back to doing all these things automatically again. In the meantime everything requires a few extra seconds of forethought.

MaryB
06-25-2016, 11:44 PM
Did they do a head CT scan? If not get her to the ER pronto! Might be a small brain bleed...

Ladies and gentlemen, mrsbuckwheatpaul is still suffering from her concussion. Her pupils are still very small and she get dizzy when she stands up....If she is not better by Monday, we will be off to the doctor for another adventure. Thanks for the prayers and kind words. Paul

Boaz
06-26-2016, 07:06 AM
Please be with Paul's wife and speed her recovery through your ability to heal. They are faithful servants Lord , help them through this hard time . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask . Amen

Boaz
06-27-2016, 05:40 AM
GOD please help Paul's wife improve every day from her injury's . Guide them as to medical treatment and help their doctors in giving that treatment . Stay by their side, help them get this behind them and move on in their lives . Thank you Lord . In your name I pray . Amen

square butte
06-27-2016, 05:57 AM
As Always - You both have my and Victoria's prayer.

WRideout
06-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Heavenly father watch over Paul's wife, and Paul, and give them both healing, peace and comfort.
Wayne

buckwheatpaul
06-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes they did a CT scan....the blessing was there were no punctures, like ribs into lungs; no broken bones; and no stitches. She suffered very bad concussion and a severe blunt force trauma to the right side of her chest. Overall we were blessed that her injuries were not worse.

Preacher Jim
06-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Paul, we pray for the Lord to touch her head a heal her injuries my his mercy and grace. I feel some injuries are thing only Jesus heals and from experience I know he does a complete job of it.

w30wcf
06-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Prayers sent for a complete recovery.

w30wcf

daniel lawecki
06-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Prayers sent get well soon.

MaryB
06-27-2016, 11:07 PM
If it continues more than a week they need to redo the head CT. I went back in a week later and they found a small bleed that I was lucky and it had clotted and was healing on its own... it did not show on the initial scan because it was so small...

buckwheatpaul
06-28-2016, 05:01 PM
If it continues more than a week they need to redo the head CT. I went back in a week later and they found a small bleed that I was lucky and it had clotted and was healing on its own... it did not show on the initial scan because it was so small...

Mary B. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow....she is getting better .... but she admits that her brain is still scrambled......

Blackwater
06-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Prayers up for both of you, Paul. Just got my 'puter up again. Crashed and had to take it to a pro, but all you guys were still in my prayers. God bless you and your wife.

Boaz
06-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Lord I know you are with Paul and his wife . Stay till she is back to normal again . Help and comfort in the healing you are providing . Be with us here as we pray for her fast recovery under your care . Thank you for all you do Lord . I ask in your name . Amen

rancher1913
06-28-2016, 08:27 PM
please keep us updated as you can.

Pine Baron
06-29-2016, 08:52 AM
Lord I know you are with Paul and his wife . Stay till she is back to normal again . Help and comfort in the healing you are providing . Be with us here as we pray for her fast recovery under your care . Thank you for all you do Lord . I ask in your name . Amen
Amen.

Boaz
06-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Still praying . May our Lord heal her quickly .

buckwheatpaul
07-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Had doctors appointment yesterday......doctor said that she is progressing but wants a new ct scan if her headaches and uneven pupils continue. While her pupils are still small they are starting to enlarge and one is still slightly larger than the other but they both react to light. He wants her to stay cool and not do any housework. There lies the problem.....men you know that we can never do as good a job as our wives can....but I don't mind sweeping and mopping and doing the dishes and preparing meals....we will see how long she allows me to do what the doctor says........thanks for the prayers. Paul

Pine Baron
07-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Thank you, Paul, for the update.
May God continue to provide healing and comfort to her. In Jesus name. Amen
and provide Paul relief from his "dishpan" hands.:kidding:

square butte
07-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Good luck keeping her from house cleaning ... smiles

Blackwater
07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Don't worry, Paul. There are worst things than housework. Ummmm .... can't think of any right now, but I'm sure there MUST be ..... isn't there? ;)

Prayers still coming for you both.

Preacher Jim
07-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Paul last time Mary was down 3 months, that was 4 years ago and she still finds things I did not do right but just laughs and says well for an old warrior he did his best.
We are praying for both of you

smokeywolf
07-03-2016, 04:17 AM
Paul, this may be one of those rare times in your and your Mrs. life when you will have to be "He Who Must Be Obeyed" (HWMBO). Make her do as the doctor ordered and do as you say, for her own good.

Prayers and positive thoughts for Your Mrs. and You from the smokeywolf family.

Boaz
07-03-2016, 06:26 AM
Lord please continue the process of healing Paul's wife . Be with them and encourage them . Comfort and speed her recovery Lord . Thank you . In your holy name I ask it . Amen

rancher1913
07-03-2016, 01:30 PM
any new updates?

buckwheatpaul
07-03-2016, 07:15 PM
rancher1913, I believe that she is beginning to turn around. She is sore and hurts but her eyes are starting to become more normal. Her headaches are better....she just plain ol' sore with cracked ribs....hurts to take a deep breath....I know she is getting better because she is giving me orders......ladies and gentlemen thank each of you for your prayers for wife.....we will have 40 years in early December......Your Servant. Paul

Boaz
07-03-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm glad to hear it Paul . Still praying though .

Pine Baron
07-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Great news Paul, do NOT make her laugh.;)

MaryB
07-04-2016, 12:20 AM
Cracked ribs are no fun, almost worse than the concussion!

smokeywolf
07-04-2016, 02:20 AM
I say the concussion is worse. Until you sneeze.

Boaz
07-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Stay with Paul's wife Lord , help her as she heals . Help both of them work through this until she fully recovers . Please bless and keep them . Let your light shine upon them . Guide their steps on the path to follow you . Thank you for being in their life . I ask in your name . Amen

Preacher Jim
07-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Lord you have brought Paul's wife along way but we are praying for you to heal her completely.
Please give Paul a double measure of grace and the full power of your Holy Spirit to help with recovery.
Amen

Pine Baron
07-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Amen and Amen.

Boaz
07-06-2016, 05:41 AM
Thank you for your love and care in Paul's wife's recovery Lord . Thank you for them and others like them that try to lift your name and provide example through their lives to glorify you . Thank you for bringing us all together here to help and reinforcement each other to give praise and glory to you . Thank you . Amen