PDA

View Full Version : Loadbook USA

pearson1662
05-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Anybody have opinions on the Loadbook USA handbooks for cast bullet reloading? The 41mag in particular and eventually 6.5 Swede.
Thanks,
Jay

JSnover
05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I like them. They're really not for beginners IMO, because they don't cover procedures or principles but if you want a compact reference with load data only, they're more convenient than digging through a pile of seperate manuals.

leftiye
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
100% Ditto.

runfiverun
05-19-2008, 06:18 PM
i would get the lee book
they both copy data any way and you may as well get it for all the cartridges.
plus lee gives you case volumes.

HABCAN
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
What Run5 said.................PLUS the manuals from Lyman, Sierra, Hornady, Speer, Lyman Cast, RCBS Cast, etc., etc., OR go here http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp and once registered you can access lotsa loads for Hodgdon, IMR and WW powders FREE.

I must have three dozen manuals and manufacturers' leaflets, but it seems that every time I want a specific possible combination, it's not listed, anywhere!

leftiye
05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
HAB = Murphy's Law.

yodar
05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Anybody have opinions on the Loadbook USA handbooks for cast bullet reloading? The 41mag in particular and eventually 6.5 Swede.
Thanks,
Jay

I had a bad experience with the only one i bought. It might have been a typo, but errors in a load-book are inexcusable

It had an outrageously incorrect COAL

I went to Sierra, Lyman , Lee and Accurate manuals and got the correct figure and threw the load-books away

Seriously the Loadmap books lee offers are THE best. At one timellee had them on sale for about 4 bux each

I bought a mess of them. they are well illustrated and deal with many types of manufactured and cast bullets

yodar