PDA

View Full Version : Broken slide stop on hi power

odfairfaxsub
06-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Lol just resprung the hi power and found after my function test which was successful that my slide stop was slightly bent out of the way in the middle or so where the pin meets the slide. I took my plastic hammer and made a attempt to straighten it and crack lol broke in half.

bought a extended release from numerich. Should work well enough to the point of me either just installing it and using it or installing it, seeing where it's touching a mag where it's prematurely touching...etc.

anyone ever have a dag gone slide stop break??? Never have I ever

Bullwolf
06-20-2016, 09:01 PM
I had a slide stop break on a CZ-75 clone. Might have been a bad one, or maybe it was just it's time to go. Never broken one on a Hi-Power, yet.

It's supposedly a common occurrence, but was the first time it happened to me.

Bought a few spares, and replaced the broken one. Haven't broken another one yet, now that I have a few spares laying around.

The folks who shoot pistol competitions say that they break every so often, and keep spares on hand as well. I shoot often, but my round counts are no where near as high as folks who shoot competitively.

- Bullwolf

odfairfaxsub
06-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Just replaced it w a extended slide release. Well it didn't work well in my mk 3 or mk 2.

Has as nothing to w making contact w ammo or mag checked that

Isolated the problem down to the detent spot on the slide stop being overly large and not accepting the held tension provided by the ball bearing in the recoil spring/tension provider and tried the original from my mark 2 and worked great.

the slide stop is suppose to go on a parked gun but the only one I could find is blued so........o well. At least I'll get a factory part for 50 bucks

nicholst55
06-24-2016, 08:47 PM
I've seen a number of broken 1911 slide stops over the years. They usually break because the barrel is not properly fitted.