PDA

View Full Version : old west gunfighters ?

shooter93
06-18-2016, 05:59 PM
I also replied to this in it's area but thought maybe I'd list it here also. I am currently printer less...I print so little that the ink dries and after awhile I can't clean them right.....I hate long reading on the computer so if someone would print this off and send it to me I'd gladly pay them for the trouble. Thanks.

44man
06-19-2016, 08:10 AM
I had the same thing, both ink jets bit the dust. I bought the Canon printer, scanner, fax for less then an ink jet. It uses the big cartridges of powder and only does black and white but it never quits and I am still using the cartridge that came with it, doesn't seem to want to run out and it is not full with the printer.
I never seen anything so fast, if I have pages to print, it spits them out so fast they go all over the floor. I could not believe there was print on the paper at first.
I think it was only $99.

tazman
06-19-2016, 09:57 AM
If you print much and can do without color, monochrome(black and white) laserjet printers are the best way to go. The toner cartridges don't dry out and they last a long time.
They can be purchased pretty cheap these days and the per page cost is far cheaper than ink jet printers.

Mal Paso
06-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I am running a $100 Brother Laser Printer/Scanner on $10 Amazon toner cartridges and a $29 drum.

Got rid of a $250 HP that wasted $100 of ink without printing a page before I pulled the plug.

blackthorn
06-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Quote "It uses the big cartridges of powder and only does black and white but it never quits and I am still using the cartridge that came with it, doesn't seem to want to run out and it is not full with the printer."

Another vote for the powder type cartridge printer. Even when they say they are "Toner low", if you take the cartridge out and shake it you can reinstall and keep on printing on and on and on and----

tazman
06-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Quote "It uses the big cartridges of powder and only does black and white but it never quits and I am still using the cartridge that came with it, doesn't seem to want to run out and it is not full with the printer."

Another vote for the powder type cartridge printer. Even when they say they are "Toner low", if you take the cartridge out and shake it you can reinstall and keep on printing on and on and on and----

Exactly right.
I am using an inexpensive Brother laser printer. The last time it started showing "toner low", I printed another 250 pages before it decided to stop. Then I took it out, shook it, and re-installed it in the printer and printed another 200 pages before it finally quit for good.
I use it to print targets for pistol and rifle practice. I don't need official scoring rings, just a good aiming point. You can download files for many different targets from the internet and print them on your computer for about 2-3 cents per target this way.

Victor N TN
06-19-2016, 09:53 PM
My printer is an older (10 years old ???) Konica Minolta, Page Pro 1350W. It's a laser black only printer. An ink cartridge costs me a little over $100. But 1 will last me over a year.