PDA

View Full Version : tred a new scrp yard!!!!

Mitch
06-17-2016, 07:08 PM
I went to a scrap yard I have not benn to to see if they would sell any lead and they do!!!!they had some sheet from a project at the local hospital 400lbs worth.i had to leave about 85 lbs for one of the workers there for his roofing project.this is prefect now that I just get a pedersoli 1874 sharps sporter No.3.
the y had some other lead all waded up and muddy from treaing down the an old school building.I mat have to go get that to>It has to be flashing I would think.Just guessing another 3 to 400lbs.Peice was 65 cent a lb.

Budzilla 19
06-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Very nice score!!! Some of the yards down here,( Louisiana), "we can't sell to the public cause of blah,blah,blah!!!!) So I put out the word and just scoop it up when i can!! You are blessed for sure , good luck.

Chris C
06-17-2016, 11:36 PM
Ya done good! Lead sheeting around here is $.75/lb.

Beagle333
06-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Good on ya. Our scrap yards are no sales to public as well.

Mitch
06-18-2016, 11:04 PM
about 50/50 if they sell to the public or not here.i hear all kinds of things why they do not.And hear get it while you can from the ones that do sell.It was realy just luck showing up on the right day with this score.Good luck to all searching for lead,Keep at it and tell everyone you know you want lead.i have had people come up anything from a few lbs to a few hundered so it is worth passing the word.