PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Rowles.

sav300
06-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Hi Folks.
I received a email from Bernie Rowles.Asking for a urgent favor from me.I replied and return email.Involves a sick cousin and needs money.
I know he runs OWBM and the email addy looks ok.

Can somebody somehow check this out? Am in Australia and have bought molds from Bernie.
Thank you.

it is spam ?

BrassMagnet
06-15-2016, 07:27 AM
This is a common fraud!
I have received similar emails from what appeared to be valid email accounts of friends.
Bernie is fine. Bernie has no family emergencies needing help from friends.

sav300
06-15-2016, 07:31 AM
BrassMagnet,glad to here Bernie is fine and no family problems.

Blackwater
06-15-2016, 01:52 PM
When have you ever heard of one of these being valid? Around here, sometimes folks stick donation containers in convenience stores to raise money for someone without health insurance, or something like that, but never in emails. I think some may do it occasionally on Facebook, but I don't do that, so am not sure. Desperate email pleas for $$$ can routinely be counted on to be fakes, scams and criminal acts, IMO. It's just what people who don't want to work do a lot these days.

BrassMagnet
06-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Bernie did the FFL transfer for the last toy I bought at a "Friends of NRA" dinner.

country gent
06-15-2016, 05:51 PM
I got that e-mail also. I didnt trust sending to e-mail so called Bernie to see what was going on. His e-mail was hacked hes getting it taken care of and Thanked me for letting him know about it. I got thios e-mail from his e-mailaddress a year or so ago also. Remeber if the account has been hijacked your e-mail goes to the hijackers giving them your info also.

Skunk1
06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I still get emails from a friend that passed about 8 yrs ago. Please be careful on any scam potential emails.

xs11jack
06-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Have a good friend in NC that had his address book hacked. The hacker was a bit inept, instead of one begging e-mail from my buddy's address, I got 32. Called my buddy. He fixed it.
Ole Jack

BrassMagnet
06-15-2016, 09:16 PM
I have received them from my wife. I was terrified when I heard she had trouble on vacation overseas!
I'm sure glad I checked her bedroom before sending off our life savings.

swamp
06-15-2016, 09:46 PM
I got the same e-mail. Figured it was a scam and deleted.

swamp

TXGunNut
06-15-2016, 11:43 PM
My boss gets e-mails from "me" on a regular basis. He's somewhat well-known so his e-mail addy may seem like a big prize for some folks. Funny thing is he will take a call or e-mail from anyone. He wants his employees to know they can contact him anytime. That's pretty awesome, these days.