PDA

View Full Version : Apology

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2016, 12:22 AM
I need to apologize to you here in the Chapel, to the members at large on this forum and to the moderators that do a thankless job. I had a lapse in judgement recently in dealing with a moderator...actually, 2 lapses in judgement. I EARNED being banned for my actions...nothing unjust about it...I deserved it.

I would also like to thank Preacher Jim, for reaching out to me and going to bat for me, to get me reinstated. It is my understanding that #1 was open to giving me a second chance, as well...and I thank him, also. I would like to thank any others that were involved...I sincerely appreciate it and I promise that this will never be an issue in the future.

GOD bless you all,

shoot-n-lead

WILCO
06-13-2016, 12:26 AM
Don't know what the issue is or was, but learning and living is a key component to a bright future.
Best wishes as you endeavor to go forward.

TXGunNut
06-13-2016, 01:39 AM
Welcome back. All I know is you're a valued member here. That's enough for me.

Boaz
06-13-2016, 05:35 AM
No apology necessary . Just glad your here .

BUCKEYE BANDIT
06-13-2016, 05:44 AM
+1 , glad it all worked out.

w5pv
06-13-2016, 07:09 AM
Welcome back

USMC87
06-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Happy to see you are back though I did'nt know you were banned, We all make mistakes and learn as we go.

Preacher Jim
06-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Shoot-n-lead welcome home
Lord bless you for being courageous enough to apologize sign of a real man.

jmort
06-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Good to see this resolved in your favor.

DerekP Houston
06-13-2016, 08:38 AM
Water under the bridge, I usually let my mouth get the better of me at least once a week. Glad we didn't lose another member

Pine Baron
06-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Welcome back, shoot-n-lead. Good on you.

1_Ogre
06-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Takes a heck of a man to stand up in these times, welcome back. We all have off days, but isn't it nice to realize others know it also?

Garyshome
06-13-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm with ya bro, I know what it's like to be banned [not from this group though].

Blackwater
06-13-2016, 08:49 PM
Shoot-n, no apology needed here, because I missed the whole affair. But it's summer, and there's an awful lot in our world now to keep our hackles raised, seemingly consistently. Sometimes, it's hard to keep our cool. And some here can really be provocative. I'm glad you received some mercy from the mods and No. 1. I don't believe any mod wants to do things like that, and it's hard for them to be omniscient, too, but they do have a perfect right to demand some measure of decorum. Being a passionate type guy, I may be next, but if I ever get the axe, I know it'll be because I was in "their house" and didn't abide by their rules. These things happen sometimes, and very few receive another chance. I think that's one of the prime things that makes this board special, and well apart from all the others out there.

It's amazing what they put up with in the pit sometimes, but I think they've been very wise in MAKING the folks involved in any tiffs work it out between themselves. It's like dealing with kids who get crossways with each other. Make THEM work it out, as long as they're equally matched, and they'll find or make up ways to not come to blows again. I think there's more wisdom and good will here than on any other forum on the 'net. And I for one am thankful for it. Might even need it myself one day, but hopefully not? Nobody profits when someone is banned. And tempers certainly flare from time to time. We're all subject to fits of rage these days, it seems. A sign of the times?