PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 6/12

rl69
06-12-2016, 07:28 AM
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.Psalm 19:1-2 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Pine Baron
06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks, rl. You made me look up!

square butte
06-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Thank you rl - I love this verse and all the works of God

Blackwater
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
From the earliest times, it's been known that the keys to understanding God lay in just observing and thinking about His creations. We know artists by the work they've left behind them. It's very much the same with God and His handiwork - us and everything else. Some of the deepest thinkers ever on this earth have opined that, in their day, the way to better understand God was to consider us and all His creations. And there's still an awful lot of truth in that view, too. Truly, His handiwork DOES reveal the awesome power, love and greatness of Him and His love. If there's any bounds to it, I don't think human eyes could see it, or minds conceive it. He is, very simply, awe inspiring. Totally.

rl69
06-12-2016, 01:53 PM
When I saw todays verse I thought of you blackwater

Blackwater
06-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Well pray for me. I'm just an ol' country boy in search of more light. And the more I find, the more I realize how truly dark we really are in our understanding. I need the prayers much!

Edited to add: Seeing God all around us is really nothing new to me. Since my earliest remembrances, I've always been awe struck about how our world works, and why it works the way it does. My favorite spot in all the world is the Ogeechee River, a little blackwater stream (from which I chose my handle) that's just chock full of life of all kinds. Much of it will bite or sting you, which makes it a place an old country boy can learn to deal with the realities that exist all around us, many of which pose dangers to us. But it's one of the most fascinating places I know. Some of the things that intrigue me are the tiny little flourescent yellow birds in the willows. They're tiny, smaller than the yellow finch. They flit about with apparently no thought in the world except an exultation of life itself. There's much we can learn from "the heavens and the earth" if we but simply will to do it.

I was born inquisitive, I think, and it's been insatiable. Sure keeps me out of more trouble than I'd have gotten into without it, so it's kind'a been my salvation, in a way. Funny, isn't it, how if we simply put the good advice God gave us to use, how we consistently profit by it, and how when we don't, it brings us unhappiness. Almost like it was planned that way, isn't it?

buckwheatpaul
06-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the post....even though all is bad on the news....it bring me hope.....Paul

Preacher Jim
06-12-2016, 04:41 PM
RL you looking at my sermon notes Psalms 19 is a smorgasbord of wisdom.

Boaz
06-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Excellent verse ! All you have to do is look around you to know that GOD is real , alive and with you .